NFA Wait Times

BackofBeyond

Just got the ball rolling on the paperwork, what’s the wait time been? Of course they’re advertising shorter wait times with e-forms, but what’s been the actual experience?

Ordered suppressor and submitted fingerprints in January. Didn’t get my eForm packet until beginning of March- not sure if that was on the vendor or what. E-form submitted beginning of March, and at the time they told me 110 days. So still waiting…
Who did you order through, if you don’t mind me asking?

Who did you order through, if you don’t mind me asking?
Silencer Central, since they’re “local” and I know several people who have had good experiences with them. FWIW, they have been good to deal with and have made things very simple on my end thus far. They did warn me though that the ATF was taking longer than advertised so far on the eForms.

Silencer Central, since they’re “local” and I know several people who have had good experiences with them. FWIW, they have been good to deal with and have made things very simple on my end thus far. They did warn me though that the ATF was taking longer than advertised so far on the eForms.
Good to hear you had a good experience with them. That’s who I ordered from as well.

Did the new wiz bang eform on a suppressor on 2-2-22 thinking I would get it in time for the nrl hunter match tomorrow. Saw one of the fellows from the store I purchased saying on the gram how not one has gone over 100 days. Purchased new walkers hearing protection yesterday. Lol.

I'm waiting on a paper form submitted near the end of April 2021 and two e-forms that were submitted at the end of January 2022. I'm expecting them all to be approved relatively soon but I'm also not holding my breath.

So your saying there’s a chance?!?
For sure. I'm expecting an eForm 1 any day now too. The key to successfully navigating the NFA is to have multiple forms, ideally of all types, concurrently in the pipeline. Then, you can barely keep the dates straight in your own mind, and its a surprise when something comes in. I'm just over 20 total NFA items in hand over the years, just when I think I've done all I need, something else strikes my fancy.

Just got the ball rolling on the paperwork, what’s the wait time been? Of course they’re advertising shorter wait times with e-forms, but what’s been the actual experience?

I did paper and check was cashed June 2021 and still waiting. Talked to a guy at the gun shop last week and he said eforms have are taking around 90 days and the longest he has seen was like 110 days.

The land of the free.

Where people pay a few hundred dollars of their money- which was taxed at 1/5-1/2 their gross pay- to a federal agency to dither around for months to issue a permission slip to possess an inanimate piece of steel designed to save their hearing.

The man down the road… the one with the machine shop in his back yard, a heavy accent you can’t quite place, maybe it’s Eastern European, a cold stare, and a few chest tattoos visible under his tattered white T when the sun hits it… he’s who you want to see about these things. (Oddly specific)

So I’ve heard

The land of the free.

Where people pay a few hundred dollars of their money- which was taxed at 1/5-1/2 their gross pay- to a federal agency to dither around for months to issue a permission slip to possess an inanimate piece of steel designed to save their hearing.

The man down the road… the one with the machine shop in his back yard, a heavy accent you can’t quite place, maybe it’s Eastern European, a cold stare, and a few chest tattoos visible under his tattered white T when the sun hits it… he’s who you want to see about these things. (Oddly specific)

So I’ve heard
Unfortunately, most of my neighborhood are old retired white dudes. I’m the most heavily tatted individual on our block. And no Eastern European accents.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back