Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Newbie from South Carolina

rhomas

Banned
Hello folks, I was browsing the net and found this site. I've watched the tv program many times, but wasn't aware of the existence of the site.

My name is Ron, and somehow when I registered the administrator left the "t" out of my user name of rthomas. Some of you may be familiar with me from some of the other places I have been active on ( please don't hold that against me). I am 57, widowed, with a 14 year-old step grandson who I have had custody of since he was 3 months old. He loves to hunt all most as much as I do. Dog hunting for deer with a shotgun, is the passion of my life, but I also do plenty of tree sitting and ground blind hunting with a rifle. I plant and maintain food plots and use bait piles for still hunting, and most of the dog hunting is done down in the swamps of the SC lowcountry. At the present time, I'm getting set for the opening of the season on August 15th, and I'm like a little kid at Christmas with the growing excitement. If I ever lose that, then I will know that it will be time to hang up the boots and gun!!!!! I hope to get to know y'all and look forward to participating here on the forums.

Welcome to HT, Ron. Look forward to some great pics and stories to follow along! See you around the forums!

Welcome to HT. I am curious to hear more about hunting deer with dogs. Not something I am familiar with.

Welcome to the site. Good to see someone else from the southeast! Not too many here, but then again I love looking at the kill photo`s and the stories from the western/midwestern hunters on here.

Welcome Ron, killed my first deer at 14 ahead of a pack of Walkers in SE NC. Not many on the forum are at all familiar with hunting deer with dogs and some might find it unsportsmanlike, but if they ever tried to follow a pack trying to jump a deer and saw where they hang out in those swamps and bays (Google Carolina bays) they might understand. I don't do it any more but grew up not knowing any other way. The part I liked the most was listening to the dogs run; kinda like rabbit hunting only faster chases that cover more ground.

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for the welcome! I plan to post something about deer hunting with dogs in the appropriate forum, once I figure out which one that would be.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back