Newbie from Oregon

ORHunter

Hi guys my name is Trent. I live in and grew up in the Willamette Valley in western Oregon. Been rifle hunting most of my life (I'm 27 now). But most recently in the last couple years I've really been getting into and fascinated with backpack hunting. I heard about this forum on The Meat Eater podcast with Randy and have listed to the first few Hunt Talk podcasts. I look forward to learning lots from you guys.
Thanks

Welcome. Used to live up near Portland.

I am now a non-resident sitting on over 20 points for elk hoping F&G would kick the dang spike hunts out of the 3 units that offer a "trophy" elk hunt. Predators galore with no dogs allowed yet wolves now roam. Not much grass growing to support elk herds when the timber is not cut and are only a few small fires to open up the canopy.

You can hunt Rosies and blacktails though plus have the Columbian whitetail so that is a plus.

Welcome aboard. I've lived in Oregon 14 years now. Plenty of hunting opportunities. Not a lot of trophy areas but plenty of places to hunt.

Welcome Trent. Willamette Valley is a great area. I hope to get back there one day when I visit central OR to hunt. I spent some time at OSU many years ago.

Welcome. Used to live up near Portland.

I am now a non-resident sitting on over 20 points for elk hoping F&G would kick the dang spike hunts out of the 3 units that offer a "trophy" elk hunt. Predators galore with no dogs allowed yet wolves now roam. Not much grass growing to support elk herds when the timber is not cut and are only a few small fires to open up the canopy.

You can hunt Rosies and blacktails though plus have the Columbian whitetail so that is a plus.

Yes I know what you mean about the elk issue. I've got 12 elk points saved up and hoping to get one of those "Trophy Elk" hunts up in north eastern Oregon someday, I just hope the wolves don't take them all out before that haha. That being said I think ODFW does have plans to open up wolf season once the populations get high enough, who knows when that is. I also should be getting the whitetail tag here in another few so I got some nice hunts in the next couple years I'm looking forward to.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back