Newbie from NC

np307

Hello all

I was born and raised in NC, but had the opportunity to go out West for 6 weeks a four years ago (3 in Wy, 1 in Id, 1 in NE, 1 in SD). I wasn't really hunting at that point, but was captured by the country. Fast forward to now, I've been hunting here in NC for a couple years. Killed my first whitetail last year and my first turkey this spring. I've decided to go out to Wyoming for an elk hunt in a couple years. I'm thinking a general tag, gonna get a preference point this year and next. I'd love to do OTC in Colorado but I'm starting Master's work and I'm a pastor so time/money isn't there right now. Looking forward to lurking around and benefiting from all of the knowledge here. Anybody ever finds himself in central NC during deer/turkey season, give me a shout. Public land isn't as bad here as people make it out to be.

Welcome! What part of NC are you in? I'm located in Fayetteville and did my first Western hunt last year for Mule Deer and Elk in CO. Planning a return to CO next year and WY the year after that.

Welcome! What part of NC are you in? I'm located in Fayetteville and did my first Western hunt last year for Mule Deer and Elk in CO. Planning a return to CO next year and WY the year after that.

Cool deal! I'm about an hour and a half from you. Right on the edge of Uwharrie.

Welcome neighbor, just West of Charlotte for me though I grew up in the SE part of the state. Lived in CO for the better part of 15 years but decided to finish raising and educating my kids where my roots were. Do you belong to NCGO or NCH&F forums?

Welcome! Lived in NC all my life, Concord to be exact. There's a few of us on here. Be careful, hunting west of the big river is addictive! And there are little comparisons between western public land hunting and NC.

Welcome neighbor, just West of Charlotte for me though I grew up in the SE part of the state. Lived in CO for the better part of 15 years but decided to finish raising and educating my kids where my roots were. Do you belong to NCGO or NCH&F forums?

Yes indeed. Same name. I've run into you there before I believe.

Welcome! Lived in NC all my life, Concord to be exact. There's a few of us on here. Be careful, hunting west of the big river is addictive! And there are little comparisons between western public land hunting and NC.

No doubt I'll feel different about our public land after being out there, but for right now Uwharrie seems good to me!

Welcome. I spent a year at Bragg before I was lucky enough to get Uncle Sugar to move me out here to CO. I could never live without the big mountains again. Best of luck on getting West to hunt!!

Welcome from up the road in Raleigh! I've run and hiked in Uwaharrie. Been wanting to get down there to hunt. Enjoy the forum! I'm headed west to hunt this year for the first time. Hopefully won't make deer hunting around here too slow

My office is located in Fayetteville, next to the airport. I work in all the surrounding counties.

Welcome from up the road in Raleigh! I've run and hiked in Uwaharrie. Been wanting to get down there to hunt. Enjoy the forum! I'm headed west to hunt this year for the first time. Hopefully won't make deer hunting around here too slow

The last time I hunted up on Uwharrie proper was Birkhead Wilderness, and there was a good bit of competition. I hunt game lands outside of the actual NF and it's less crowded during bow season.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back