NEWB Heading to CO GMU 12 1st Rifle

Good luck. Maintain access to current weather forecast for your specific area, check it daily. It hasn't happened for a few years, but Flattops is notorious for stranding hunters w deep snow.

Good luck. Maintain access to current weather forecast for your specific area, check it daily. It hasn't happened for a few years, but Flattops is notorious for stranding hunters w deep snow.

Good to know, thanks! Do you know if the weather forecast off the InReach is any good? No cell service out there I’m guessing.

Thankfully, I have new tires, brakes, and tire chains just in case.

I'm back from CO and what an amazing experience! Unfortunately, neither of us harvested a critter with one of our combined 4 tags, but I still had a great time! Almost everyone we met out there was extremely friendly which was a big plus.

It's absolutely beautiful and I'll be back at it again next year!!!

IMG_2343.jpg Our full day of scouting.
IMG_2350.jpg Opening morning.
IMG_2365.jpg Out and about still hunting.
20181011_183057.jpg Our home for the week. Thank God for the wood burning stove in the 6-12 degree nights!
20181016_165133.jpg Last day in the woods.
20181018_200946.jpg Had to stop here in honor of Randy Newberg!

My pleasure! Can't wait to get out there again next year!! Now I'm on to whitetail to try and fill the freezer...

If you find fairly fresh elk tracks (last 24-48 hours) during the day, do you use this information for hunting later? If so, how? During my first trip elk hunting in CO, I could find elk tracks, but never any elk (except ones that were running and didn’t give me a shot…).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back