Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

New

Matt Foley

Been browsing for a while, and just decided to join. I have lived in Utah my whole life but I just moved to Western Colorado. I hunted a bit when I was younger but it became an occasional thing, when I got into school. Then life got busy with family and career, kept it that way. I have always loved hunting and would often think about jumping all the way back in. I drew a Utah elk tag a fey years ago and now I am hooked again. My kids are now excited about getting into hunting and my two oldest daughters are taking the internet conclusion course, for their hunter's safety, tomorrow. Some of my best memories, as a kid, are from our family hunting trips. I can't wait! I am more excited to take them out then I have ever been for a hunt for myself.

Welcome Matt Foley and kudos to you for having the first (as I know) animated avatar. Jump on in, the water is fine

Welcome, Matt. I hope you have many days afield with your kids. Any day with them is a great day.

Welcome Matt. This a great place to learn. Most here are a great bunch and are willing to share. Hope all your family outings are the best.

Last edited:
Welcome. Lots of great folks in here with "interesting" opinions :) Lookig forward to hearing what you getup to. If you are now a CO resident I would recommend checking into the Ranching For Wildlife program. You can get into some good high draw/ high success big game in you are looking for meat (ie cows and does) and is a less intense way to start the kids. I am trying to get both a cow and doe prongy this year to refill the freezer :)

Rfw

Welcome. Lots of great folks in here with "interesting" opinions :) Lookig forward to hearing what you getup to. If you are now a CO resident I would recommend checking into the Ranching For Wildlife program. You can get into some good high draw/ high success big game in you are looking for meat (ie cows and does) and is a less intense way to start the kids. I am trying to get both a cow and doe prongy this year to refill the freezer :)

Do you have any suggestions for the Junction area? I would like o get my oldest on a cow hunt this year.

Right back at ya. Iam going to put that in my signiture but you beat me to it.
LOL.. And just to burst your bubble I had your location listed as a van down by the river before you did!! But I changed it since then,

Good luck. Easy to find good hunting within a decent distance of Junction.

Why don't you just shut your big yapper!

LOL.. And just to burst your bubble I had your location listed as a van down by the river before you did!! But I changed it since then,

I really did have it all planned out ahead. By the way "your not going to amount to jack squat." ;)
That's enough motivational speaking for one day.

Back