New wolf activist ploy

Paul in Idaho

From a site full of wolf advocates:
------
Valerie Bittner says:
March 13, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Greetings all wolf-advocates,

Fangs here has been chewing on her latest legal theory to secure permanent legal protection for the NRM DPS gray wolf.How does this theory (which I propose seriously) strike the well-educated, lawyer contributors, and close friends of President Obama?:

Asking President Obama to abate the conservation nadir of the 21st century, and thereby, use his National Monuments and Antiquities powers.In regard to this argument, please consider the following excerpted from the Congressional Research Service:

“The Antiquities Act of 1906 authorizes the President to create national monuments on federal lands that contain historic landmarks, historic and prehistoric structures, or other objects of historic or SCIENTIFIC interest.” (emphasis added).

----

More at http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2013/03/12/fox-news-covers-animal-torture-by-usda-wildlife-services way down in the comments

It is an invalid proposal at it's very core as wildlife is/are not objects. In a legal sense, the eact meaning of words is very important.

It's a pipe dream. Using the Antiquities Act in such a manner would cause a huge backlash politically and would end up back-firing from the stated purpose.

I wonder how long until BGF sends out a fundraising letter using this info?

cause a huge backlash politically? hmmmm...... maybe its time for some of us to join these wolf humpers organizations and propose a bunch of bad ideas that will backfire on them.

cause a huge backlash politically? hmmmm...... maybe its time for some of us to join these wolf humpers organizations and propose a bunch of bad ideas that will backfire on them.

Just make sure your knife is sharp before you cut off your nose. ;)

Sorta reminds me of some interactions I had with a "conservation" (term used very loosely) organization in a former job. They were very prone to filing court cases and stated that they are just looking for that one stratedgy/loophole that would allow them to get their way. True conservation didn't matter as much, IMO, to them as getting their way.

AH HA!!! You have hit upon the purpose of ALL organizations there 1-pointer!

Hey, maybe we can get the Antiquities Act to bring back Saber Tooth Tigers! I love to hunt cats even more than wolves! Got me a cat in my backyard just a few days ago! And Ol Abe retrieved it!

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back