Caribou Gear Tarp

New Western hunter needs advice on Mule deer hunting

JLS, Are you applying?

The application deadline for North Dakota Non-Resident Any Deer Bow License is March 1, 2016. http://gf.nd.gov/gnf/licensing/docs/app-nonres-any-deer-bow.pdf

NOTE: THIS IS AN ARCHERY ONLY TAG. Mail the ND G&F a personal check for $272 with the application; they cash the check only if you draw a tag, they mail your check back if you don't draw (at least that is how it has worked in past years). I don't think you can apply online for this one.

The ND archery season is set to open Friday September 2nd, 2016 and goes through the first Sunday in January of the following year (or January 8, 2017). You could arrow a velvet mule deer buck if you're hunting the opener...

It's been a mild winter so far, not much snow out west...there should be some nice bucks running around if the weather holds.

Not this year, but it's a bucket list item to hunt the Teddy Roosevelt grasslands someday.

Lots of good advice in this thread. I would only add that if you're going to bowhunt mulies you would do well to get your hands on Dwight Schuh's excellent book, Hunting Open Country Mule Deer. That book has been in print for many years and still remains one of the best primers on hunting mule deer with a bow.

Lots of good advice in this thread. I would only add that if you're going to bowhunt mulies you would do well to get your hands on Dwight Schuh's excellent book, Hunting Open Country Mule Deer. That book has been in print for many years and still remains one of the best primers on hunting mule deer with a bow.

Thanks so much! I'll order that as soon as I can!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back