New Website...

Yukon Hunter

This was also posted in the Guide Section, but I figure it might get more play here...
www.ccmhunting.com
Just got my new site up and running- a little constructive feedback would be appreciated. It isn't complete yet, but you'll get the idea. Don't worry- all spelling/grammar mistakes will be amended by Tuesday.
Thanks all.
Cam

[ 03-06-2004, 16:07: Message edited by: Yukon Hunter ]

Well I thought it was very well done. Does that mean I win a free hunt?
Seriously, I think it's great. Clear pics, fast loading and not a lot of annoying *fluff*.

Very pretty Cam; but, lighten the background where you have printed matter on top of it. Tough to read!

Thanks for the tips...
Paws, I have no idea how to lighten the background. I've had that complaint from a few folks- on the computers I use, it doesn't look dark at all. I'll have my "webheads" check it out.
BTW, welcome back, mal...

Thanks man. I've gotmine cranked up to full contrast and brightness. Can't see for two hours after getting off the damned thing!! :eek:

Have to agree with Paws (I HATE that).

The header pic is great, but the Line is too dark. Ya gotta remember us ol' geezeers need contrast.

The tan backgrounds could be just a touch on the lighter side, to add MORE contrast.

That said, good site. Good Luck!

OK!! SO, I'm d**n near freakin' blind! YOU asked for input and 'I' agreed with Paws.

So Cam, if I booked a hunt with ya, you wouldn't leave me stuck out in the middle of the Yukon, would ya? Not that it's in my budget anyway.
elkgrin.gif

Jerry

Well shoot if I can't do one Canadian hunt, then what is money for?? :eek: I'm savin' up!! :D Might be a while Cam so take your vitamins!! :D

My old puter shows it comming in very well, and the new one is hard to look at...Must be the older systems maybe....
I would love to travel around and hunt more game, but will have to stay close to home for awhile...I am working on touching wild animals now, so far have touched only a porquipine (sp), that was some thing a little different, and hone survival skills. Maybe in the future it will be in the cards....
Your site is put together very well....

Nice site. I like how you had all the prices in bold and easy to find. But I think you should have a few more pics of the African Big Five or Gland Slam. And add in the trophey fee or a defintion of the trophey fee. Other than that the site looks good.
Quick Draw

Nope! No improvement., I have to highlight the text turning it white before I can read it Cam. I would like to fault the equipment at this end; but, Moosie's site is highly visible and so was the NAHC site. I usually run into this when folk use dark lettering on a colored background. Backgrounds in pastels or white usually seem to come through the best with black letters. The beige, brown, or darker backgrounds usually work better with white letters.

Probably a little of each Joe. You carrying your carcass over toSalt Fork forthe GT??

Paws-
Help me out, here. The designers say that the problem is with some browsers, that can't recreate the correct color (that's why some of us can see it plainly, while others have to strain...). Anyway, they are going to redo the background color. Is the other color, on the left hand side where all my page links are (Yukon, Quebec, Contact Us, etc.) better?
Thanks.
Cam

Back