New Vortex Spotter

I didn't intend to start a debate on optics. Sorry guys. I will use my junk in private from now on.
Optics are just as much of a heavy topic as trucks. People don't like hearing their expensive spotter is garbage and some people just cant hold it in and have to tell you it's garbage. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, you did nothing wrong with your post.

The Vortex bias is rooted in misinformation that has been pushed by a certain company that starts with L and ends with OLD that has seen a HUGE portion of it's market taken by a customer driven, honest, veteran owned and supporting upstart. I currently have Vortex, Swarovski, Burris and Bushnell optical products. Is the Vortex superior to the Swaro.....not at all but those are apples and oranges. Are the Vortex products similarly to the Burris product better? All day and twice on Sunday. Plus from Vortex you get honesty....they will tell you directly on each product where it is made....China, Philippines, Japan or the USA (they are the ONLY major manufacturer with fully USA made products-the AMG line) and never The other thing I will say is that people who don't compare the optics in the range they are considering are only hurting themselves as nobody's eye work the same with optics. I hope you enjoy your choice and have a great season.

The Vortex bias is rooted in misinformation that has been pushed by a certain company that starts with L and ends with OLD that has seen a HUGE portion of it's market taken by a customer driven, honest, veteran owned and supporting upstart. I currently have Vortex, Swarovski, Burris and Bushnell optical products. Is the Vortex superior to the Swaro.....not at all but those are apples and oranges. Are the Vortex products similarly to the Burris product better? All day and twice on Sunday. Plus from Vortex you get honesty....they will tell you directly on each product where it is made....China, Philippines, Japan or the USA (they are the ONLY major manufacturer with fully USA made products-the AMG line) and never The other thing I will say is that people who don't compare the optics in the range they are considering are only hurting themselves as nobody's eye work the same with optics. I hope you enjoy your choice and have a great season.
Every set of L-old binos I’ve ever seen or owned has had issues and most if not all were sent in for warranty issues.

I recently acquired a set of vortex 15x binos and sent them in for warranty. I’m kinda excited to see what I get back and how good they are. I know they won’t be as clear as my swaro’s but they may have a purpose and use. They may also just be a trade up product for me

Kudos to Vortex. They are awesome at marketing, that’s for sure.

I read an article once from George Anderson who owns the Yellowstone Anger in Livingston. He was doing a fly rod review and was explaining why buying a $1,000 rod in 2009 was a really good deal.

He mentioned that if you love to fish and you do it a lot, then get the best out there in order to enjoy the fit, finish, and performance of a top-tier fly rod. Will it help you catch more fish? Probably not—-but it will make the experience better.

When it comes to glass—-it’s your window to the mountain. Going from crappy glass to great glass is like the first time watching a football game in HD Hi-Def. I’m a middle class schlub like the vast majority of the rest of y’all——but after looking through my buddy’s Swaros one evening I sold all the crap I had around my house I never use and I got some. Hunting or not—-it’s a joy to find animals through the best glass there is.

Back