New Vortex Spotter

I’m curious how it would compare to a similar priced full size (65) spotter. I’m interested as well, especially as little as I use a spotter

Yup, they look legit. My buddy had the previous compact spotter and it was nice for its size. This one is tempting!

I have a 1 Vortex Scope and two Binoculars that are awesome ! I also own Bushnell Leupold Weaver Burris and Vortex is not Junk !
I saw this release and I will be buying one, only question is angled or straight eye piece.

Vortex is junk...use your money elsewhere.
Yeaaaahhhhh...
That's exactly why a lot of the competition shooters use them... :rolleyes:

I don't have any Leupold glass. But I'm not about to just jump & say it's because they are junk.
I actually think they make a quality product.
Without stating your personal experience with them, it's just bashing.

Last edited:
Yeaaaahhhhh...
That's exactly why a lot of the competition shooters use them... :rolleyes:

I don't have any Leupold glass. But I'm not about to just jump & say it's because they are junk.
I actually think they make a quality product.
Without stating your personal experience with them, it's just bashing.
I don't care what competition shooters use. Cracks me up when something is used by competition guys so it must be good. Hunting is a whole different thing than competition. mtmuley

I don't care what competition shooters use. Cracks me up when something is used by competition guys so it must be good. Hunting is a whole different thing than competition. mtmuley
I've got a vortex, a luepold, NF, I haven't missed a shot because of em, the hold zero, and the guns kills.

I've got nothing on my shotguns, they seem to kill too.

I've got some plastic gamo scope on the gamo .177, now, the up down adjust doesn't adjust, but it hold its unique zero in that regard.

Matter of fact, no more than 5 minutes ago did this squirrel succumb to the Gamo and Gamo scope at 30yds out the bedroom window like i was taking a book back in texas

20231001_105155.jpg20231001_105411.jpg20231001_105441.jpg

I recently picked up a new Vortex mini spotter to replace my Leupold BX-4 15-45 spotter. Overall, I think the Vortex is a better scope than the Leupold. I was never able to use the Leupold over 40x because of chromatic aberration.

I’ve been on 2 long sheep hunts so far this year. On the first, one of the guides vortex tripods went to hell so I left him with my tripod and head. On the second, the internals of the eyepiece of my friends, Vortex razor fell apart.

I’ve had vortex, leupold, and burrris optics for my whole life and never had an issue. At this stage in life I have 15 vortex scopes, the razor spotter and a couple pairs of binoculars. For the price they are extremely reliable and well put together. Anybody who is slamming vortex is either uneducated or has a biased view of optics. Vortex forced the rest of the optics world to step into the new world of long range shooting and affordability.

You guys saying how much you like what you have—-have you ever sat down and compared what you are running next to Alfa glass? There’s a reason drag strips have two lanes.

Everytime I go out with those who have vortex, ect and we set them up on tripods as the sun goes down they are literally blown away.

1. Overall clarity
2. Edge to edge clarity
3. Low light perfomance
4. Eye fatigue

These four things matter and can make or break your hunt. I can look though my binos and spotter all day long. I can look through a vortex spotter for 15 min and my eyes are tired. Until you have spent a few hours out in the real world comparing glass side by side then you really don’t know what you are missing.

You guys saying how much you like what you have—-have you ever sat down and compared what you are running next to Alfa glass? There’s a reason drag strips have two lanes.

Everytime I go out with those who have vortex, ect and we set them up on tripods as the sun goes down they are literally blown away.

1. Overall clarity
2. Edge to edge clarity
3. Low light perfomance
4. Eye fatigue

These four things matter and can make or break your hunt. I can look though my binos and spotter all day long. I can look through a vortex spotter for 15 min and my eyes are tired. Until you have spent a few hours out in the real world comparing glass side by side then you really don’t know what you are missing.

Just like at 1moa, anything less really doesn't matter.

But it makes you look cool spending the $$$.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back