Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Toy

AZ402

So I'm bored out of my mind today. Can't get to the hills and it's 100+ outside. Here is a pic of the new Mathews SwitchbackXT I got last month. I finally set it up this week. I put the Spot Hogg right-on sights on it and used the new Mathews fall away rest they sent me. Still not sure what arrows will be flinging out of it yet. Hopefully I break it in this next weekend at a 3D shoot near Flagstaff.

XT001.jpg

XT003.jpg

Looks nice, have heard lots of good about them. If they'd make that bow, with just a longer axle to axle (like 35-37 inches) I'd be interested. I'll probably never shoot one though as my Mathews dealer usually has very few bows in stock and is more interested in trying to sell fly rods.

If you are looking for a Mathews with a longer Axle/Axle, look at the Ovation (40"). Or the Conquest 3 (41"), both are very nice bows.

Sweet bow, I have been looking at getting one here shortly. Have an older PSE mach 6 that I got as a "starter to see if I like this archery stuff" bow. Now I'm hooked and looking to upgrade.

What 3D shoot are you going to? Is it the Mormon Lake shoot?

I like the looks of that sight....bombproof. I'm gonna be flinging arrows again this year. I'd love a set up like that, but a new house is keeping the 12yr old Martin in the game.

New house, eh? Good to hear the mail order bride isn't moving you back home. ;)

Nice bow, AZ. I'm still planning on getting one of those someday. :rolleyes:

I'm aware of the Ovation and the Conquest 3, I've actually considered a Conquest 3 (or the Apex 7) for a target bow. I still prefer my Ultratec and think Hoyt's Cam and 1/2 system is better than a solo cam. Plus the Hoyt grip is much nicer to me.

I've been looking at those XTs at the local dealer, nice looking bow. Can't go wrong with the Spott Hogg, what kinda site do you have on the hunting bow ?

I just stoped by "Bowsite" and read their "head to head" bow test for 2006.
The Mathews Switchback XT won by a landslide.

Dan, this will be a hunting bow as well. I have a feeling it will bump the Black Max 2, to second in command. It will be Spot Hoggs for the BM2 as well this year.

New house, eh? Good to hear the mail order bride isn't moving you back home.
Nope, just closer to work. WY, CO, and UT are getting the hell drilled out of them for oil, but the prices are coming down....(wink).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back