Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New to the Palouse

mtnsaremyhome

Hi there,

New transplant to the Palouse as of two years ago. New hunter, lifetime angler. I try to spend as much time in the woods in various seasons of the year, bikes, skis, climbing, etc. any excuse to be outside. I started with upland birds and have now branched into deer and I have a local elk tag this year(but low expectations). Found a whitetail last year and that was encouraging for a late in life hunter. My two-month-old son will make….my availability more complicated than years past, but we make some tradeoffs knowingly in life. At least his birthday is not in the fall!

Cheers to all,

-Kirk

20230924_154820.jpg

Lots of good deer and elk hunting out the Troy/Deary Hwy. Hit me up sometime if you want to chat about it.
I appreciate it! Will do, I'll have those first posts wrapped up soon enough here. I've been lurking and learning for a while, time to start contributing. Looks like you are in PDX? Wife and I left Tigard before here. I will say I miss some of the OR fishing opportunities and longer seasons, but the tradeoff for woods has been welcome so far. Shout if you need any fishing info? happy to chat if I know anything that might be helpful.

I appreciate it! Will do, I'll have those first posts wrapped up soon enough here. I've been lurking and learning for a while, time to start contributing. Looks like you are in PDX? Wife and I left Tigard before here. I will say I miss some of the OR fishing opportunities and longer seasons, but the tradeoff for woods has been welcome so far. Shout if you need any fishing info? happy to chat if I know anything that might be helpful.
You definitely got the clean end of that trade. Moscow for Tigard? I'd trade a few salmon for the hunting opportunities you have within 30-60 minutes from your back door. Plus the town of Moscow is great and The Corner Club might not be Heaven, but it's close.

We used to hunt in the morning and make afternoon classes and go to morning classes and catch an evening hunt.

Fishing for you, between The Joe, Marble Creek, The North Fork and Kelly Creek you won't miss a dang thing.

Vandal Class of '97 here.

Use the place mentioned as the center of your hunting elk and deer hunting radius and I think you will enjoy what North idaho has to offer...

You definitely got the clean end of that trade. Moscow for Tigard? I'd trade a few salmon for the hunting opportunities you have within 30-60 minutes from your back door. Plus the town of Moscow is great and The Corner Club might not be Heaven, but it's close.

We used to hunt in the morning and make afternoon classes and go to morning classes and catch an evening hunt.

Fishing for you, between The Joe, Marble Creek, The North Fork and Kelly Creek you won't miss a dang thing.
Looking forward to exploring more! So far its been one of the best decisions we've ever made, we found a house 5 miles out side of town towards Troy right before interest rates exploded. I shot my whitetail before work on a Tuesday at 7:30am soon after first light, field-dressed it and then packed out 2 miles and still made it into work at 10am, thankfully the boss was understanding. I haven't made it to corner club yet but I did sub on a local hockey team for some games and they are DIALED as far as that league goes. I've been to three of the waters you mention :) all beautiful! Upper Joe is a haul, but slow twisty driving

Vandal Class of '97 here.

Use the place mentioned as the center of your hunting elk and deer hunting radius and I think you will enjoy what North idaho has to offer...

I had to rescue my two roommates in Bovill after they returned to the truck from hunting to find the battery dead. They caught a ride as far as the bar.

I've been rescued in that bar, but not from a dead battery...
I know I’ve attempted the Bolville Run twice, but don’t remember a damn thing about it other than that.

Welcome to Hunt Talk @mtnsaremyhome. HT says I’m in Boise, but I’m grew up in the real Idaho even though I wouldn’t be caught dead in Black and Gold.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back