Yeti GOBOX Collection

New to Hunting AND HT . . . from California.

CaliforniaPL

I'm new to hunting and to this forum. Love the public lands focus, and will be digging around past threads for experiences others have had hunting in the Golden State.

Welcome.
Hunting in Ca. can be better than a lot of people think. You need to start applying for points in the big game drawings so you can get a premium tag in a few years or possibly sooner if you hit a random draw tag. Even some of the deer zones that are basically over the counter tags have some decent areas it just takes time to learn how to hunt those areas. Do some research and don't get too discouraged over the low success rates in some zones.

Don’t overlook small game if you are new to hunting. You can rack up many hours in the woods at a low cost. Lots of fun and skills are transferable. Not sure about squirrel hunting opportunity in CA but it’s a blast.

What part of CA?

A few good HT members from Cali. Welcome aboard. New is a great start. The excitement and thoughts are pretty awesome. They are always there though my first few years still hold memories beyond the years following. Look forward to reading and viewing pics of your hunt / other stories.

Welcome aboard. I spent my formative years hunting California. It offers some decent opportunity.

My sister and brother-in-law live in California. He has had some good success hunting quail and dove in and around the Central Valley.

Thank you all for the welcome! I'll take these into consideration. CA doesn't seem to have much of a small-game season now/before deer season, but I'll pursue it where possible.

Welcome! The furthest west I can bring myself to go is the sierras. There are a ton of cool areas in the state.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back