Caribou Gear

New to Bowhunting

HoofsUp

I have an older PSE (early 90's model) that I started shooting several years ago and then stopped when I moved to Oregon. I want to get back into bowhunting and want to start now for next year. I live 30 miles from the Bowtech factory and will make a visit or two there before buying anything. I know everyone has preferences in equipment, but are there things I should stay away from or things I should look for in deciding on equipment? I plan on hunting both deer and elk. I usually hunt in the wilderness areas at least 3 miles in. Any good web sites to review before purchasing? Thanks for the info!

Just shoot as many as you can all different brands and find one that fits you the best and you will be happy with it they are all good anymore I ended up with the MAthews Switchback and love it. good luck also check out archerytalk.com lots of info there

Lots of guys swap bows every year or two to get the latest and greatest new thing. You can find some great, nearly new, used bows all set up with the necessary goodies.
I went that route on my last two bows.
Swapped a dude two cheap pistols for the Matthews I am currently using.

I have decided to buy the Bowtech Tribute. I shot the Matthews Switchback and several other. The Tribute seemed to fit be better than any of the others. It also helps that the factory is so close. I am now in the process of outfitting the bow: sights, rest, new release. (told the wife that none of the old stuff would work with a new bow) I sure hope she doesn't read this site!

I am thinking a Trophy Ridge vertical pin sight, a Ripcord Fallaway rest, and a Scott release. Any others that I should take a serious look at? Have any of you had problems with the ones listed above?

Thanks again for all the info.!

I like the Spot Hogg sights, the ripcord is a great rest I have it on one of my bows. I put the Trophy Ridge Drop away on my Switchback XT. Scott release's are very good as well. sounds like it will be a sweat shooter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back