PEAX Equipment

New tires

ZBB

To quote a Christmas story, my “tires were bald and once made of rubber” it was time to put some new ones on. This has been my first time replacing tires on a 3/4 ton so the more expensive tires were kind of a kick in the pills but, no biggie. Was told by my wife that she was sick of hearing about tires and if I needed new tires to go get them. Made an appointment yesterday thinking it would be a quick in and out process. My three daughters aged 9,6 and 1 as well as my niece aged 7 have been sitting in the tire shop for 5 hours so far. Now I need all around new tie rods. The kids have been awesome, but they’re getting restless and the baby needs a nap. I don’t know if I should be mad or laugh at how this day is going. Probably stop at the liquor store on the way home... couple more weeks and hunting starts soon at least there’s that haha

Last edited:
Too late now but have the new tires put on,return by yourself or drop the
truck off at a later date.Theres always a bar near a tire store. :cool:

I always hate going in for an alignment. Seems like I always come away with new ball joins.

You must drive a dodge...If it was a chevy you'd always need new front wheel bearings. (I've had both)

Took the 250k miles Durango in today to have the alignment looked at. Came back with $2500 estimate for repairs, haha. About a year ago we estimated it would give up the ghost in July or Aug of this year and have been saving accordingly for our next vehicle. Asked the mechanic if there was any point in giving it a mortician's makeover or just quit now. He said $800 would buy us another 7K-10K miles, so we went with it. Gives us a little longer to save up for the next ride 😅😅😅

Took the 250k miles Durango in today to have the alignment looked at. Came back with $2500 estimate for repairs, haha. About a year ago we estimated it would give up the ghost in July or Aug of this year and have been saving accordingly for our next vehicle. Asked the mechanic if there was any point in giving it a mortician's makeover or just quit now. He said $800 would buy us another 7K-10K miles, so we went with it. Gives us a little longer to save up for the next ride 😅😅😅
I had a quote one time that my bearings were going out. I drove that pickup for 4 more years and 50k miles before I sold it haha. Everything worked great when it left me

To quote a Christmas story, my “tires were bald and once made of rubber” it was time to put some new ones on. This has been my first time replacing tires on a 3/4 ton so the more expensive tires were kind of a kick in the pills but, no biggie. Was told by my wife that she was sick of hearing about tires and if I needed new tires to go get them. Made an appointment yesterday thinking it would be a quick in and out process. My three daughters aged 9,6 and 1 as well as my niece aged 7 have been sitting in the tire shop for 5 hours so far. Now I need all around new tie rods. The kids have been awesome, but they’re getting restless and the baby needs a nap. I don’t know if I should be mad or laugh at how this day is going. Probably stop at the liquor store on the way home... couple more weeks and hunting starts soon at least there’s that haha
I just broke down and put new tires on my truck last week. First thing I said was,”at least I’ll have new tires to go hunting”. ....lmao!! Just chuckling when I read your post. Your kids are troopers. God bless! :)

Reactions: ZBB
Toyo’s. Been having the best luck with Toyo last two pair. Firestone’s go bald way to fast on my truck.

What kind of tires? mtmuley
Hankook at2’s, I’ve had good luck with them before. There was Goodyear kevlars on this thing when I bought it, I didn’t like them but I also didn’t really take care of them, like rotate, and I had a hell of a time finding the right pressure.

Hankook at2’s, I’ve had good luck with them before. There was Goodyear kevlars on this thing when I bought it, I didn’t like them but I also didn’t really take care of them, like rotate, and I had a hell of a time finding the right pressure.
I have had good luck with Hankook tires in the past. You really have to read the print on the sidewall for tread wear and warranty. Finding a person who really knows quality tires is far and few between these days. Most people only want cheap rubber. You get what you pay for in the end. Anyways, I actually read rating article on tires a few months ago and then looked at some tires at a firestone shop; needless to say after looking at the sidewall print the mileage and rubber quality didn’t match up to the price I desired. Really opened my eyes to trusting your own research. Thanks for sharing!

5 hours? Were they making the tires on the spot? Good lord I'd have taken my truck and left.

Discount Tire here will get you in and out in an hour.

5 hours? Were they making the tires on the spot? Good lord I'd have taken my truck and left.

Discount Tire here will get you in and out in an hour.
I don’t know what they were doing. I think they were having a hard time with getting the alignment right. The tie rods were so bad the couldn’t move anything. It was definitely not what I was expecting.

Back