NEW SITKA Ambient 75

New Taxidermy Shop in Idaho !!

Moosie

Grand poopa
And I "OWN" it :D

I mean really, as much as I mount, I really should have a full time taxidermist working for me ;)

Hey, most of you know I have mounted several things and have used 7-8 different taxidermists over the years. Couple are great, some are OK, and others, well, wow......

But, I've used a Taxidermist for several of my mounts that was currently doing it part time. He has done it full time in the past and wanted to do it full time again. He just didn't have the room or start up capital, marketing, etc. I know several of you on here have used him and one of the only complaints is organization and getting calls back. Working part time and out of a garage didn't help that situation. I believe his work is top notch. He just approached me on the matter and we had a long talk about just that. What's going to happen is I'm taking over the books for him and he's using my Shop. I will be the one to contact people back and am accessible in Email and phone. Heck, My Cell is 208.571.1ELK, you all know that :) OK.. OK, I don't always answer right away because I'm on it a lot but I do return calls :D

I will have an Automated LOG of the process the Animal is in. When it comes in it will be logged with all the info Fish and game needs to stay in compliance. In addition, we will have an Email data base that you get an Email where your animal in the process. If you want, you will know the expected tan date, Mount date, as well as date of completion.

In addition, we will have after hour drop offs and want to get certified to check in bears for Idaho F&G.

The new name is Rustic Mountain Taxidermy. I think you remember this post ?

http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35305&highlight=rustic+mountain

I liked the First name that was posted and : so it was written, so it was done.

We have been bringing in product (Mostly Antelope and a few Bear) over the last couple days but hope to bring in some good Elk and Deer this year once our name gets out. We have several shipments of African animals heading our way (Yes, other ones besides mine :p) that I'm looking forward to as well.

I pitched the idea after I was approached to a just a couple guys and the response was good. I didn't want to tell more then a handful because I'm World Famous for starting some Bizz Venture and not completing it. This time I wanted the Idea laid out, Foundation Built, and then rolled out to the Public when it was complete. That being said, we’re still laying it out ;)

The prices are a little above average but definitely not the upper end and his quality is great. Anyone from here will get well taken care of. (Not that others won't, but you know how it is with your BOYZ and taking care of them) We will cater to a lot of the guys that like a little more then the "Norm" for Idea's. You guys know I like those mounts. But my guess is there will be a lot of normal mounts done as well. All will be welcomed.

Rustic Mountain doesn't have a fancy shop, but it's big enough to handle full size mounts. We don't have a website or even a Logo yet, but it's in the works. I look at all those as items that come along but NOT needed to provide you what you guys need, and that’s good work at a good price from a good friend.

Now, go out and go get a trophy and swing it by !!!! :D

Good luck!! Is this just big game or will you do upland birds? If you do do (yes I typed doodo) birds I have a couple of questions...

Ask Away.... If others can benifit from it ask it here. If it's private, PM or call. When the Crud are you doing up this early ? JSut for clarity "I" don't do birds. "I" am not a taxidermist or claim to have that type of Skill. "I" will be keeping my other job as well as several other ventures I'm dabbling in (SEE WATWERFOUL SECTION) : http://www.hunttalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35856

As far as Birds, He was the one that did my Duck mount from AK. remember that one ?

img_9877.jpg

img_9866.jpg

img_9957.jpg

He also did the duck hovering over the water looking like it was coming out of it.

I have some quail he did last week too, I'll get a picture up today or tomorrow.

So... what was the question ?

Wondered what you've been up to. With all the hunters you know in that part of the countr the taxidermy business should be a good fit. Best of luck Moosie.

Best of Luck with the Rustic project...do you expect to be an apprentice to help with the work load or are you just behind the door? Either way it brings you closer to what you like, dead animals! John

Okay, I'll just ask it here. How long can a bird be in the freezer before it's 'bad'? I have a couple I'd like to mount that have been in the freezer for about 2 years.

PS- Love to see pics of the quail!

Gook luck to you and Preston on the adventure. He does real good work, I can vouch for that. Hopefully the business will boom.

Thats not all I've been up too, but it's one item ;)

As far as Me apprenticing there, No, I don't have any desire. My mornings,days and nights are filled to the brim already. If I had extra time I might. I don't mind the Caping and fleshing and such but I'll leave the Artistic stuff to the Artist.

Jose, I'm working on the bear for you..... :(

Tbone, not looking to "boom" but it should go OK.

Csutton, Swing by the house when you're in town !!!

Cool. If get lucky enough to get a bear I will be giving you a call. Have seen a bunch already but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any tips on pre- taxedermy care for a novice bear hunter?

Looking at a rug most likely. Will check out the links. Honestly have seen a lot of sows with cubs and a few smaller bears. Did have a pretty good bear come in at night wanting some elk. Had a tough time getting it to leave. Will be back out in a few weeks looking though. Hopefully I will get a chance at a good one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back