Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Setup

gdgwp

5 year anniversary this year. Wife got some bling. I'm buying a gun.

Budget - 1,400 for total setup. What do you guys think of this...30-06 Browning A-Bolt (left handed) with Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40mm CDS.

I want a gun that I can do anything with in South Dakota...deer, antelope and hopefully the once in a life time Custer State Park Elk tags. Struck out this year with Wyoming elk, but will be heading west over the next couple years hopefully.

Thoughts?

My first suggestion, is if you don't have kids and are planning on having kids celebrate your 5yr Anniversary with a big trip! My wife and I spent two weeks loafing around Italy for our 5yr. We talk about it often.

That said, for a rifle I'd probably look Montana Rifle Company X2, though it might stretch the budget. They come in LH. Being a LH cuts down on some of the options (Kimber, Howa, etc) as I often look at options for my son.

5 year anniversary this year. Wife got some bling. I'm buying a gun.

Budget - 1,400 for total setup. What do you guys think of this...30-06 Browning A-Bolt (left handed) with Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40mm CDS.

I want a gun that I can do anything with in South Dakota...deer, antelope and hopefully the once in a life time Custer State Park Elk tags. Struck out this year with Wyoming elk, but will be heading west over the next couple years hopefully.

Thoughts?

Solid thinking. Pics when ur done.

Hard to beat a Stainless Stalker. Personally, I prefer 7MM Remington Magnum over 30-06 and a 4.5-14X40, but you will be happy with the rifle and scope. I have a close friend that is a dealer for both Browning and Leupold. Let me know if you would like a price from him and I'll send his contact info. He put together an X-Bolt package for me at a price less than what I paid with my senior manager employee discount at Cabela's.

My first rifle was an abolt in .270, it's still going strong 15 seasons later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back