New Scope

Danvet

So I buy a new VX-2, mount it and head to the range (after giving it a try at the "look thru the barrel" bore sighting). Bore sighting didn't work too well, 5 inches high and 3inches left. Make adjustments.....but wait, both turrets have a U with the --->, huh? Took me a little bit to figure out windage but I'm good to go now. 3 shots that you can cover with a quarter 2" high at 100 yards.

"Up" and "Right" usually spin the same direction as you obviously found out.

Can't believe they put an elevation dial on the windage turret though. Poor QC I guess. Hopefully that was all that got goofed. Leupold will probably send you a replacement dial if you ask.

I bought the VX2 3-9x50 for my elk rifle,going tomorrow to shoot it at 200 yards.Got it close the other day at 100 yard.I bought the heavy duplex,so far love it.

You're right belly-deep, that's how it ended up.....up and right were both CCW. I did check out some other scopes when I got home and I had one Tasco Trophy Class that was "left" CCW. I'm sure they probably would send me another top but I don't want to mess with it now that I'm good on zero. It's a nice scope!

You couldn't pay me to replace a Leoupold scope with a Tasco of any kind. I've had the same VX2 2-7 on my Rem 7mm mag since 1980 and have never had a problem. You will be very happy with your Leoupold.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back