Caribou Gear

New Remington 700 ADL?

The A, B, and C prefixed rifles were as good as any factory rifle ever built. The newer rifles shoot fine but the fit and finish is lacking. They are great project rifle though. Get one and if it shoots , coat it drop it in a good stock, and switch out the trigger. Youve got an almost custom rifle.

Let us know what you think!
I purchased the rifle from Sportsman’s Warehouse. Ordered on line and picked it up at the Lexington, KY store. Replaced the factory plastic stock with a HS Precision which is very nice. I’ve got a Trigger Tech Primary to put on, Talley one piece base/rings, and will be mounting a VX 5 HD that’s currently on my X Bolt. I plan to shoot it and see how she’ll do and may bed the recoil lug at the least depending. If I’m satisfied, I’ll have it Cerakoted in burnt bronze like my X Bolt. B647CD58-B3E1-4AA7-96AD-C6A0C916D7F4.jpeg33E3A31E-0786-490F-9F04-AC53AD616A21.jpeg

I purchased the rifle from Sportsman’s Warehouse. Ordered on line and picked it up at the Lexington, KY store. Replaced the factory plastic stock with a HS Precision which is very nice. I’ve got a Trigger Tech Primary to put on, Talley one piece base/rings, and will be mounting a VX 5 HD that’s currently on my X Bolt. I plan to shoot it and see how she’ll do and may bed the recoil lug at the least depending. If I’m satisfied, I’ll have it Cerakoted in burnt bronze like my X Bolt. View attachment 261499View attachment 261500
If your going to bed, do it all. Check for any bind in the reciever and be sure the barrel is floated. If the reciever has a bind and barrel touchs just bedding the recoil lug won't do a lot for you. Friend gave me a 700 ADL years ago in one of Remington's plastic stocks. Terrible bedding on it. Had to beat the barrel/action out on the back of the couch. Re'bedded the whole thing and it shot great! Today that rifle has a factory wood stock on it, shoots great!

If your going to bed, do it all. Check for any bind in the reciever and be sure the barrel is floated. If the reciever has a bind and barrel touchs just bedding the recoil lug won't do a lot for you. Friend gave me a 700 ADL years ago in one of Remington's plastic stocks. Terrible bedding on it. Had to beat the barrel/action out on the back of the couch. Re'bedded the whole thing and it shot great! Today that rifle has a factory wood stock on it, shoots great!
How would you check for bind specifically in the receiver?

That Remington model 700 has been used by people for 50-60 years can’t go wrong
I’ve got the Leupold mounted and the Trigger Tech primary installed. May get to shoot it some tomorrow to see how she’ll perform.

Back