Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New record moose?

Dave N

Up in Alaska having fun and the local news just had a story about a potential new world record moose. 80 inches! I'll let the resident Alaska guys post a story or link. Hard to do on my cell phone.

I saw a set of antlers in the back of a brown rental truck in Fairbanks a couple weeks ago. Nearly peed myself. ALMOST spanned the bed of the truck from side to side. Definitely over the passenger side but short on the drivers side. No matter how I looked at it ( from 20' away) I could not turn it into 2 racks.
Not saying it's the one, just saying I saw a biggun.

This is it, don't know if it will score over 265 though.

VlZagyy.jpg

Its short of WR status, likely top 40 bull though. It was green scpred by an official BnC scorer. It will be top 5 SCI. Freind of mine scored it yesterday... the rack with full skull weighed 115lbs! The skull is about 15lbs. I've picked up a few moose sheds over the years... 30lb sheds are fn huge, 40 pounders are near mythical, I've never seen one but know of 2... A 50lb antler is insane.

My old neighbor bought the current WR a couple years ago, I should ask what it weighed. I'm going to guess at least 20lbs less...

Small world up here. I know the hunter as well.

Regardless of the score, that is huge! Congrats to the hunter!

Smoker, absolute smoker, a top 3 bucket list hunt in my book.

Its short of WR status, likely top 40 bull though. It was green scpred by an official BnC scorer. It will be top 5 SCI. Freind of mine scored it yesterday... the rack with full skull weighed 115lbs! The skull is about 15lbs. I've picked up a few moose sheds over the years... 30lb sheds are fn huge, 40 pounders are near mythical, I've never seen one but know of 2... A 50lb antler is insane.

My old neighbor bought the current WR a couple years ago, I should ask what it weighed. I'm going to guess at least 20lbs less...

Small world up here. I know the hunter as well.

Thats what I was seeing. That it won't be the record, but the score doesn't do it justice because of how heavy it it

Back