New Product Idea - Shooting Stick Platform - PoleX

FREAK

Hi Everyone, I ran this thread by Randy and he was nice enough to allow me to use Hunt Talk to introduce a new product that a friend and I have been working on for the past couple years. I really appreciate him allowing me to share this with you.

A little background on the product. In the spring of 2022 a friend I were discussing how much of a game changer trekking poles are. He had the idea of making some sort of attachment that would allow you to quickly connect them to form a shooting rest. There are a few nice products currently on the market but we had a few other specific features we were looking to included. I have an extensive background in engineering and manufacturing and thought it would be a fun project to try and tackle. We’ve spent a lot of time iterating and improving the design based on testing in the field. This has taken A LOT longer than we expected due to balancing family, work, hunting schedules and just life in general. We’ve finally landed on something we think will add value to your trekking poles in the field.

The product is called PoleX (www.polexgear.com).

1714589360873.png1714589384144.png

Some of the features we were looking for in this product:
  • Quickly deployable with a push button activation
  • Easy and quick to change angles to adjust for different shot angles and situations.
  • The ability to secure you’re poles end to end so you could utilize your trekking poles for a center pole on a lightweight shelter.
  • Lightweight (58grams)/Durable/reliable
  • Compatible with a wide range of trekking poles
  • Relatively inexpensive
We’re currently utilizing a fusion jet printing process to make the parts which is relatively expensive per a set but it’s helped us avoid the startup costs associated with investing in a mold. We’re at a point we’re wanting to get them to market and get the good/bad/ugly feedback. We’re not making a lot per a unit, but hopefully can get a gauge in interest and eventually invest any earnings into an injection mold which would bring our costs down significantly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I sent the idea to Randy early on and appreciate his encouragement. It helped motivated us to take it to the finish line. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. I’ll also post a follow-up with some photos and write ups on some of the different designs and testing we’ve done to land on this design. Here are some more pictures of the product:
1714589699131.png1714589749273.png1714589786389.png1714589817485.png

Last edited:
Any idea if they will fit an oval shaped pole?
I’ll take a look at the dimension of the hole and get back to you after work. It’s somewhat flexible plastic and the gap is meant to allow it to conform to a range of diameters. It would probably just depend on the widest part of your pole being less than the max OD of the mounting hole.

I like it, was looking at something like this the other day, hope the business venture goes well!

Just for humor’s sake, Pole-Ex sounds like a relationship gone wrong in Three Forks

I’ll take a look at the dimension of the hole and get back to you after work. It’s somewhat flexible plastic and the gap is meant to allow it to conform to a range of diameters. It would probably just depend on the widest part of your pole being less than the max OD of the mounting hole.
If they don’t it’s my loss. I’m the one that bought silly oval poles years ago. I could get you dimensions if you’d like

How ironic. I was looking for something like this for my trekking poles to pitch my tipi.
There’s some good products out there. Tricer came out with this while we were developing ours and I really like it. The thing I like about the PoleX is you don’t have another thing to carry.

Well, I’m in. Is there a HuntTalk promo code??
Thank you! Try code: InstaSale20. Should save you 20%. I should have mentioned that earlier. I think we have it set up to prompt a sign up to get the code but you can skip that and plug it straight in.

If they don’t it’s my loss. I’m the one that bought silly oval poles years ago. I could get you dimensions if you’d like
it’s designed for a maximum pole diameter of 18mm ~.708”. If your max diameter of the oval is that or under where you’d mount it, it should work. If it doesn’t you can send it back no problem.

I’m in. I bought the quick-stix a couple years ago and squeaks like a sun of a gun now. Scared a deer off this year so I was going to live them up and/or buy a new pair. I’ll give them a shot and put them through another season of stupid!

I love the concept and they seem to be an upgrade from what I have now! And I am stoked with what I have now minus the sound.

Thank you! Try code: InstaSale20. Should save you 20%. I should have mentioned that earlier. I think we have it set up to prompt a sign up to get the code but you can skip that and plug it straight in.
Got mine ordered. Look forward to trying it out!

Suggestion for next product: cell phone holder--nothing more exhasting than always pulling phone out to check navigation while carrying a heavy load using trekking poles. Been duct taping the otterbox belt clip holder to the top of a pole but it's not ideal.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back