New Mexico.

I am always at a loss for NM. For me...It totals about $200 for a 2%-4% chance at elk. Not really a good buy but...I love elk hunting. It’s really like a $200 lottery ticket but I have had a couple great archery elk hunts in NM.

My wife tried to add the total cost of
my applications/year. I am afraid to look but I am sure it’s north of $1000.00. Now that I have also added my son, probably north of $1500.

I guess that is just the game I play because I don’t live out west anymore.
Almost moved to VA this fall. A part of our reluctance was what you describe. Capped off by the lowball salary offer....sticking to NM.

I am always at a loss for NM. For me...It totals about $200 for a 2%-4% chance at elk. Not really a good buy but...I love elk hunting. It’s really like a $200 lottery ticket but I have had a couple great archery elk hunts in NM.

my applications/year. I am afraid to look but I am sure it’s north of $1000.00. Now that I have also added my son, probably north of $1500.

I thought they give u ur money back and they just hold a small fee no???

I keep a spreadsheet for my applications with costs and I always have a healthy fear of my wife finding it.

I will say, she has never given me grief over hunting which I greatly appreciate.

With NM giving applicants several choices on the draw. How are the odds calculated? Can I add the draw odds for all choices together and get my real draw percentage or is it best to take the lowest/highest percentage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back