New Mexico Unit 45

oklahunter

I am new to the forum. I am getting ready to go muzzleloader hunting the first week in October in New Mexico Unit 45 for Elk. I am planning on hunting in the wilderness and don't really know where I want to start. I have looked over topo maps of the area and have a few ideas but was wondering if anyone would have some information from past hunts they would be willing to share. Any help would be appreciated.

Oklahunter

Unit 45 is a big unit in central NM. Good bulls and lots of room to roam. some good spots are up along the pecos river. If you can find access to some higher roads up along the rim if the pecos you might find a willing bull. You also have plenty of wilderness to go to . You might want to try out Dalton canyon or the cow creek area. Look on your maps and find the forest lands that surround some private up high. The elk ussually dont start to come off the mountain until the snow flies up high. Will be quite cooler up on those high ridges so be prepared for some cold nights. Need more info drop me a line a@ [email protected] GOOD LUCK

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back