New Mexico Unit 34

reedjj

So I have a pretty unique opportunity to archery hunt Unit 34 in New Mexico in mid December. I have never been to the area but it would be in the Lincoln National Forest. Is there anyone on here who might share some wisdom for the Unit. I wouldnt be able to go scout the area because I am in graduate school and couldnt leave until after my last final, (the day before the hunt starts) Thanks for any help you guys might be able to provide. I am not looking for the biggest bull in the unit or anyones honey hole, just a good represenative an would even take a cow. This will be my first elk hunt too so I am already having sleepless nights.

Semper Fi

Plenty of elk in the unit, try Benson Ridge and down the sun spot hwy. there is a big burn that's about 10 yrs old in the southern part of the unit that has lots of elk. If you get snow, the westside road is where they winter. good luck.

Good advice above. I would check on the bag limits for that hunt before you shoot a cow though. The only Dec archery elk hunts I know of are apre6 which means 6 point bull or better.

Great advice so far guys. Thank you very much. I did some checking and this will be the 90 seconds, 6 point or better on one side hunt. Since this is the only time I have to hunt because of graduate school I am going to have to role the dice. Even if all I see is some beautiful country and freeze my butt off I will be excited I am not writing a paper on the future of agricultural education and ............

Thanks again guys and keep them coming please.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back