MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Mexico unit 16D

bowhunr

Looking for any input on the above unit. I drew an early archery tag and have not hunted this unit. I usually hunt NM unit 52 and have done well but we decided to put in for a unit with a better oppurtunity for bigger bulls. I plan to make at least a couple scouting trips and have all the TOPO's for the unit. I have also contacted the game manager for some info but thought I would see if anyone here could share a little info. I am not looking for exact spots just some general areas to check out. With gas prices the way they are It would be nice to cut out some unproductive areas. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Made a mad dash up to the unit Friday. Left Phoenix at 2:45am and got to Reserve NM at 8:15 az time. Spent the day and the next morning looking around. It's definately a different unit that what i am used too up in NM unit 52 but I will figure it out. Below is a poor pic of one of 13 bulls I saw.

Saw the Alpine bulls that have been posted on the way home. Those boyz are beautiful! Here is a pic.

Attachments

• Nice bull.jpg
    Nice bull.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 3,893
  • Alpine AZ Bulls.jpg
    Alpine AZ Bulls.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 4,393
I'v heard the canyons around eagle peak holds some pretty impressive bulls so far this summer. I was driving through there this past weekend and saw a nice 360-370 class bull right in that area right off the highway. By the way we have a beautiful log home and about 30 land parcials for sale east of aragon nm check out our site www.wapitimeadowsnm.com

Well, I hope there's not a bunch of tents pitched in that valley when you hunt. Find where they will go from there if so. Nice pictures, good luck on the hunt. Your scouting went well!

Thanks the home is complete now and the pictures just dont do justice for what this house really is, just need to get this one sold so we can start on another one Im hoping to get the pics updated and a video done on the web site here shortly. Just thought I would show a pic of a bull I got in the area in 06.

Let me rephrase what I said....I think I said you got a "nice" thing going there....more like an unbelievable thing going on there. That's a killer Bull! Great pic too.

Hunted 16E a couple of years ago and tagged a nice bull (next unit over). Might try ad call someone (Bob is his name) who rents cabins and serves hot homemade meals for decent price in the unit .... Good luck on your hunt..should be a good time...Bob's# 505-228-3687

I hunted 16, I can't remember which subunit (the Gila Wilderness), about 8 years ago. We saw a lot of monster Elk and a lot of black bears, but no deer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back