Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Mexico is going up in flames

Started the smoker up and now I can see virga falling to the west of me.
Bring it!
Have elk on and will stick on a couple cheese stuffed pasilla chiles later.
I just glanced at the nationwide 24hr loop and the precipitation over NM immediately made me think of this thread. I hope some of it makes it to the ground!

Got a dozen drops on me and had a NM sunset. Temps dropped like a rock and I almost smelled moisture in the dust filled air. Almost a monsoon.
Got some rain over the higher terrain in the Gila and it drifted NE. Flash flood watch over the fires up north.

Todays setup is possibly more rain in the Gila and maybe on the Black fire too. I'm dropping a bale off near the tanks for the momma's today.

14 fires burning in NM last night.
NPS issues closures on the Malpais NM due to new fire just north of me, west of the monument.
The Black fire is now the 2nd largest in state history and 40% contained.

I'm driving down to Reserve today take care of some business and dropping off $100 to help feed the firefighters.

Only saving grace is forecast for above average precipitation on NM/AZ border, in 7-10 days.
That and the 40-60 mph winds have gone.
It's just plain hot still in daylight hours.

4 more fire starts today. 3 in the Gila.
I had thunder and virga. Humidity up, along with the temps.

Bone dry in the Gila.
I paid the breakfast bills for tanker crews from OR & from MT when I picked up my to go rueben. Hope they liked the gesture.

Windy in forecast for next few days.
I hope the forecast of monsoons by Fri. happen. All signs look good if we can get past another week of this.
Black fire is just under #1 in state history now & still only around 46% contained.

A new fire up north.
Flagstaff & one west of me in White Mtns.

Black fire is 312k now & 46% contained. It has burned 3/4 of the Aldo.
It will pass the Hemet/Calf which is 322k & 70% contained.
2 more days of fire weather until the monsoons look to start up and a few more lightning fires.

Holy smokes. I left that fire a few weeks ago... I'm wondering if I get called back after the current team times out. Not a good situation in the Southwest at all. We haven't even kicked off CA's season yet, and people are logging a lot of hours on the fire line already

Clouds building and I could get rain by 3pm.
Buddy & his son showed early and we got my footings done by 9am. They had been up since 3am and moved 1 trailer of cattle away from a fire area and went back for another.
Looked at the forecast for reserve and it looks awesome!! Hopefully it rains as much as it predicts

Clouds building and I could get rain by 3pm.
Buddy & his son showed early and we got my footings done by 9am. They had been up since 3am and moved 1 trailer of cattle away from a fire area and went back for another.
Where abouts are you? That way if I head back out there this fire season I could offer up a hand on a day off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back