New Mexico deadline is next week

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to post all these state drawing deadlines yesterday as an April Fool's joke, but figured I would get to much flack. So I am posting them today.

The due date for NM is 5:00PM on April 7th. Don't go online and try to apply that evening, because you will be too late. Well, maybe not. Every year, the NM system crashes the day before the deadline, due to too much traffic, so they end up extending the deadline for another week or so. But I wouldn't count on it.

This is the first year that NM is going to full fee up front for everything. Whether right or wrong, I suspect it will make the odds better for those who have planned ahead and can afford to front the money.

Here is the link.

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/recreation/hunting/index.htm

I would complete your applications and pay your upfront fees, but Mrs. Fin is going on a two week vacation with her sister later this month, so my budget is squashed by limo rides, a suite at the top of the Bellagio, airline tickets, nightly tickets to the Cirque du Soleil, and a gambling budget that might let Charles Barkley get warmed up at the Blackjack table.

I have to stay home and "dog sit." Sheesh, what did I do to deserve that? :confused:

New Mexico is due tomorrow.
The whole process is a bit different from years past, and the site usually crashes at the last minuet, so get you apps in ASAP if you haven't already.

I'm in for elk. I'd keep my fingers crossed, but I'm about as lucky with draws as I am at loosing weight and getting in a shape other than round...

Got put in now I just have to wait for that dang tag to show up. When I draw that will give me something to during the winter other than snowmobiling.;)

I take it they didn't extend it? I figured since I was a big loser in Montana I might try my luck in NM...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back