Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico bound.

van franke

Been slacking on posting pics this year, but Grace and I just crossed into New Mexico on our way to the center of the state. Grace has a pronghorn tag and with luck a monster is waiting. Hopefully I will have decent service and can post pics.

Later.

Best of luck on that hunt. Hope a big one gets a victory ride back to Colorado.

I fly down tomorrow morning. I will be in Unit 13, assigned to the Badger Buttes area. Not sure how I drew the one non-guided non-resident tag for that unit, but I'll take. Drove by a couple weeks ago when I was down there and it looked more like the moon, than antelope habitat, so my expectations have been ratcheted down a few notches.

Good luck guys. Randy, I think you drew the one part of the state that hasn't drowned the last few months. I'll be out this weekend trying to pick out a bull for my elk hunt on the 12th.

Appreciate the offer oldman357 if we were going through Albuquerque I would take u up on it. Be careful about mentioning beer on here Cushman will find you. Good luck Randy we've seen some good bucks on the way down along the road.

We made it out to the ranch this afternoon for a half day of scouting. Saw some pretty good bucks, hopefully we can get a better look tomorrow and take some pictures.

Good to hear you saw some good ones, the beer offer stands for any hunt talker passing through ABQ, notice it's a singular offer i once made the mistake of saying yeah i'll buy you a few to an out of state fishing friend his idea of "few" was way closer to my idea of "massive quantity" but i digress.

Been a long three days lots of glassing. We have scoured the 7000 acre ranch and the best we have found is a buck that will come up shy of 80. He has some character so tomorrow he is the number one target since its the last day. Sorry about the pictures haven't gotten them uploaded to HT yet. Soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back