New Mexico 23?

dtrkyman

Anyone with some input here? lot of leftover tags so I guess it is not a desirable unit for mulies. Likely will be hunting Elk in Co. but if not I may try it?

Any info appreciated.

What input are you looking for? It's a decent unit for Mulies if you're looking to just punch a tag. There is always a lot of left over tags because, from what I hear, there are a lot of deer in the area but you'll have a hard time finding a mature buck. I have friends that hunt the unit every year but I've never seen anyone pull anything bigger that a small 3x3. Of course there must be a mature buck or two in there, I've just never seen one pulled out.

There's lots of LO tags because NMDGF issues a metric shit-ton of tags for that unit. Not a bad place at all. You looking to go in Sept or Jan?

Would be in Sept. if I were to go, was not sure if there was a lack of deer ar just not a popular unit

Unit 23

Unit 23 gets hammered due to the rediculous number of tags issued. Anything with any size gets killed pronto. I'm sure there is a mature buck somewhere but I would suggest some serious scouting time. If you are looking for a little fork horn, it might be the place for you. I've been there a few times and won't go back. I think it will only get worse since you can print all the tags you need now. The locals are meat hunters.

Sheff

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back