New member in search of honey holes

MTLabrador

Just kidding. I’ve been skimming the forum for quite a while and have been blown away by the amount of information here, so I figured I should jump in and contribute a bit of what I know as well. I’m a pretty young 5th generation Montanan (grew up in Billings with family from the Malta area) who thought I would never leave Montana, but I moved to the frozen tundra of Wyoming two years ago for work and have absolutely loved it.

I certainly miss my Montana pheasant hunting, but the wildlife in Wyoming is pretty amazing. I grew up hunting birds, deer, and antelope in northeast Montana and bears, deer, elk and (unlimited) sheep from the Beartooths to the Madison. 2019 was finally my first fall as a Wyoming resident, and I think I’m starting to get this new country figured out. I look forward to getting to know you all, and I hope I can contribute. My general tag elk, leftover antelope, and a sage grouse and happy dog from this year:

ED466B80-7B3D-43F0-B01B-20E3EB1666F6.jpeg

423D3DEB-617D-4A26-8F9E-6FC809C86974.png

16AE05E5-9CE4-4A83-855D-B715B56A17C7.jpeg

Welcome! I'm from Minnesota but I've elk hunted in NW Wyoming and, yes, beautiful country. We actually just drew tags to hunt elk in your home state, Montana. I had to smile when I saw your photo of the antelope being pulled by your sled. We've used those for elk every year and they even work fine without snow. I've reinforced our sleds a bit because we use them in our landscape tree business but they are easier on the back...in the right situations and as conditions allow. Thanks again for sharing.

Awesome elk photo! It really looks like it was a great hunt. Congrats.
Thanks, it was a pretty quick evening hunt but was a lot of fun to hunt some open country elk for a change, definitely not what I’m used to.

Welcome! I'm from Minnesota but I've elk hunted in NW Wyoming and, yes, beautiful country. We actually just drew tags to hunt elk in your home state, Montana. I had to smile when I saw your photo of the antelope being pulled by your sled. We've used those for elk every year and they even work fine without snow. I've reinforced our sleds a bit because we use them in our landscape tree business but they are easier on the back...in the right situations and as conditions allow. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks! The sleds are great under the right conditions, I’ve happily sledded quite a few elk quarters with good snow.

Welcome to Hunt Talk! Look forward to reading your adventures checking the photos. Always good to title the pics file name with the specific mountain or the long/lat coordinates.

Welcome to Hunt Talk! Look forward to reading your adventures checking the photos. Always good to title the pics file name with the specific mountain or the long/lat coordinates.
Ha, I have no problem to do that for my old spots in Montana. Anyone who likes spots that have more grizzlies than raghorns, take note.

Back