New to forum.

Green n' White Troll

New to forum, not New to hunting. Figured I might start putting in my 2 cents. Lived and worked for 5 years on the Unc. Plateau. Hunted elk and deer in unit 61, 70 from 1988-2010. Antelope in 2, 12. Have hunted wyoming antelope in 47, 30. Mule deer in 78, 82.
Like to work on my hunting property in michigan. Gettin old so have been putting up hunting blinds and working on food plots. Enjoy watching my daughters hunt. My 11 year old got her first deer (buck) last fall. Her 7 year old sister is determined to get her own this fall. My 11 year old has joined the points battle. I am looking to start burning my points In both Colorado and wyoming.

Welcome,
better luck with the land grant trophy next time, WE ARE.

New to forum, not New to hunting. Figured I might start putting in my 2 cents. Lived and worked for 5 years on the Unc. Plateau. Hunted elk and deer in unit 61, 70 from 1988-2010. Antelope in 2, 12. Have hunted wyoming antelope in 47, 30. Mule deer in 78, 82.
Like to work on my hunting property in michigan. Gettin old so have been putting up hunting blinds and working on food plots. Enjoy watching my daughters hunt. My 11 year old got her first deer (buck) last fall. Her 7 year old sister is determined to get her own this fall. My 11 year old has joined the points battle. I am looking to start burning my points In both Colorado and wyoming.
Sounds like you have a lot of experience in unit 70 in Colorado. I’ve got a 3rd season tag this year. Any tips you might have? I’m not sure if I should be down low or more in the middle ground.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience in unit 70 in Colorado. I’ve got a 3rd season tag this year. Any tips you might have? I’m not sure if I should be down low or more in the middle ground.
Elk or mule deer. Both will be weather dependent. Warm weather I would spend my time in the higher ground, spruce/fir, Aspen for elk. Get in away from roads. Mule deer will be in same areas.

Elk or mule deer. Both will be weather dependent. Warm weather I would spend my time in the higher ground, spruce/fir, Aspen for elk. Get in away from roads. Mule deer will be in same areas.
I will be chasing deer this trip. It’s looking like it will be warm and clear during the day out there unless something rolls in between now and then. I’ve explored some of the stuff more towards the Utah border in the winter. I wasn’t sure if many deer would be down in that stuff for the 3rd season or not. Maybe sounds like getting a bit more elevation would be better.

Deer 3rd season. I would check blm/ forest service land down in ponderosa pine, pinyon/juniper country.was not able to pm you, might be a new member thing. There's always some resident deer in this country and more will move in with any weather or rut starting. Are better able to glass this country than stuff higher up. Blm further west also worth looking at.

Deer 3rd season. I would check blm/ forest service land down in ponderosa pine, pinyon/juniper country.was not able to pm you, might be a new member thing. There's always some resident deer in this country and more will move in with any weather or rut starting. Are better able to glass this country than stuff higher up. Blm further west also worth looking at.
Awesome, thank you for the info! From what I could see from the higher mountain stuff, it does look like it could be hard to glass. I was hoping to find some transition areas where I could try and find stuff moving into the lower stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back