MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New member from KS

Mcseal2

Hello everyone. I'm a new member from KS. I'm a rancher, I work on a family operation with my Dad and until he passed away recently my Grandpa. I love to hunt whitetail, coyotes, birds, and small game around home. I enjoy catching catfish and bass when time allows also. I really love heading west to hunt big game in big country when the opportunity arises. My only other hobby is training and riding good ranch horses that I ranch rodeo or team rope on occasionally. I enjoy working outdoors with family and livestock, and playing outdoors when the work is done. I've been active on Eastmans and Rokslide forums for a while and just found this one. I look forward to learning from all of you, DIY public land is my favorite way to hunt out west and this looks like the place to learn more about it. I can't be out there all the time so I'll let your stories curb my addictions until I make it West again. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum. Kansas whitetail and coyotes always make for good stories and pictures, so don't hesitate to post some up. Do you bring your horses when you come out west to hunt? Good luck in your upcoming seasons.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

To answer the questions I haven't brought horses when going west yet. The area I elk hunted I actually know some people that have horses. We don't use them to hunt but I can call them and they will help me pack one out if I get him in a real bad spot. I might take horses in the future at some point, but haven't had the need yet. Also our horses are used on the ranch regularly and if I have them on a hunting trip Dad doesn't have them for work. I usually have 2 good working age geldings and Dad has one, plus we keep a couple older ones around for the kids, roping, and spares for guys who help us some. Lots of my trips seem to be late Oct or early Nov and that's when all our cattle leases on rented grass expire so the horses are needed to move the cows to their next stop. We drive our cows down the roads mostly rather than haul them, sometimes up to 9 miles, and we often have all the horses working then.

I live in the Flint Hills part of KS west of Topeka.

Welcome mcseal2! Is it EMAW, Rock chalk or WuShock in your house? (Equal opportunity rooter here in Wichita).

Thanks everyone. And it's definitely EMAW at my place, graduated from K State. I'll see if I'm smart enough to get some pics and stories up as time allows.

Welcome and EMAW. I spent 6 years in Manhattan and miss parts of it. I'm now down towards Wichita.

Welcome to the forum, for us flatlanders looking to head west there is no better resource to gather info.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I got some of the pictures and stories up this afternoon in the hunting and fishing album under my profile. I figured I'd stick the old ones there and post new ones in the forum as they happen. Hope some of you get a kick out of them.

I went through your albums Mcseal2. You have quite an impressive photo spread of fin and fur.

Thanks Kansasdad. I have been pretty lucky over the years. It makes it easier to keep hunting and working hard when it pays off on occasion. I keep telling myself that now as I'm getting back into better shape after not drawing a western tag since 2013. I not getting younger and it's not getting easier.

Welcome. It's always great to see another Kansas native on this site. I'm from the south central part of Kansas just south of Wichita, born and raised there until I entered the service. I'm now stationed in Wyoming but travel back to Kansas multiple times a year to hunt, can't get enough of birds and bucks from the sunflower state! If you ever want to hunt in Wyoming, just let me know and maybe we can work something out! Take care.

Welcome. It's always great to see another Kansas native on this site. I'm from the south central part of Kansas just south of Wichita, born and raised there until I entered the service. I'm now stationed in Wyoming but travel back to Kansas multiple times a year to hunt, can't get enough of birds and bucks from the sunflower state! If you ever want to hunt in Wyoming, just let me know and maybe we can work something out! Take care.

Thanks for the kind words and for the offer, might have to do that. I live in KS and travel to Wyoming to hunt every few years, so I'm making the opposite trip. I love both states, very different but great for hunting.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back