New Matthews SOlO Cam Bow ???????

Justin

Im thinking of Getting one can anyone tell me anything about them. Im just getting started an Im wondering if this will be ok to get started with?

I have the Mathews MQ-32, and really like it a lot. It's short, light, fast enough, and very manueverable. It's absolutely silent compared to my Hoyt Mystic, and I don't have string silencers on it, just the Limb Savers. Mine's a 2000 model I got in Feb 2000 for $500. I like what I'm hearing about the new Q2, also. One benefit of a single cam bow is you don't have to time it (make sure both cams rotate at the same time). If you can, shoot a Mathews and another similar bow, as well as a couple two cam jobs, and see what you think. There's a lot of really good stuff out these days. Kinda like computers, though, as soon as you buy one, everybody'll tell you about the latest advances that put your equipment in the "Old Technology" category.

I have shot many of the bows that are on the market and have found the Mathews to be one of the smoothest shooting bows around. I currently hunt with the Q2XL and the last one before that was the MQ1. Either bow shoots great. Fast, Accurate and smooth. My reason for getting the Q2XL was that I needed the 31" draw and the MQ1 only went to 30". Great bows for the money but definetly not the cheapest.

Steve

I've had a Mathews for four years and see no reason to replace it. It was my first bow and shoots very well. Even after not touching it for awhile it seems like you can pick it up and get right back in the groove with good groups. It just feels good and shoots good. If I did have to replace it i'd get another one. I'm a gear freak and have a bad habit of wanting the newest and baddest, so this testimonial says alot!

Later and good luck,

DFA

Hey Justin..if you want to have some fun, just go to a forum and post "I am buying a new bow, which is better? Hoyt or Mathews?" Then get out of the way and watch the fight.hehehe
smile.gif

I know several people who shoot Mathews and really like them. They are expensive, and according to a study on how much of what you pay is for marketing, they are the most. They market heavily, and you pay for it. However, that doesn't take away the fact that they are excellent bows. I personally shoot a PSE Durango, which is almost identicle to the MQ1. I shot both, and they were both awesome.

Bottem line is, don't buy one just because everyone says they are good. You are investing alot of money, for a new bow. Take Roadkills advice, shoot several bows and buy the one YOU like the best. It may very well be the Mathews, but then you'll know.
smile.gif
Sorry to ramble on.

------------------
raghorn.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back