Caribou Gear

New Hunter from West Texas

Joshgs

Growing up as a kid, my father bought me BB guns, pellet rifles and shot at targets and occasionally some pigeons. My father never had the opportunity to hunt as an adult. His younger brother (my uncle) was a hunter and is still today. My father developed liver disease and progressed later in his life, underwent two liver transplants, but he was not able to take the second one. When my father was healthy after the first transplant he wanted to get a hold of a rifle and go hunt with his younger brother. He was not able to do so, therefore I was determined to fulfill his dream.

After my father passed, I started to talk to my Uncle, a meat butcher by trade. I went on my first hunt, a turkey hunt and enjoyed every minute of it, bagged my first gobbler. The following year, my uncle landed a Oryx population management hunt in WSMR in NM and that was an amazing hunt, right after that we had a landowners tag to hunt a cow Elk. I have to admit, I am hooked and never looking back. When I am in the great outdoors, away from everything it is when I feel the closest to my father. I will continue to hunt, for the sport, for the meat, for family and to pass to my nephews as my father would have wanted.

I look forward to building and establishing close hunting friends and learning as much as I can.

Welcome to the forum! I can assure your father is with you. Continue to pursue your dreams. He'll that's why we're here!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back