Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

A record year, and its not over yet.

MThunter398

This fall has been the best hunting season I have had since moving to MT seven years ago. The season began with mild waterfowl success. Antelope was a blast, getting together with my father-in-law and brother-in-law, we were able to fill 4 out of 6 tags in one day. I was able to fill both my A and B tag. We were glad to see the antelope have bounced back in our area since the droughts. I wish I could say the same for deer... My mule deer buck was the highlight, my first MT big game animal while completely on my own. And the 8 miles of hiking/packing made it even more rewarding. Over Thanksgiving my father-in-law and I wore out the pheasants and grouse, my wife and I both got turkeys, and I harvested a white-tailed doe with my Grandpas 30-30. Using that gun on at least one hunt was my goal for the year, I received it as a wedding gift from my uncle last year. He passed away when I was 7, so we never got to hunt together. Now I'm on to trapping. My line has been short due to long hours at work. I have been had some success so far, including my first fox and beaver. I'm looking forward to trapping all winter. And to cap this all off I have 385-20 bison tag... a group of family and friends are heading to Gardiner in early January for 9 days. What an experience that will be, I'm excited to say the least. I am truly Blessed and thankful to live in this amazing state.

IMG-0132.jpgIMG-0131.jpgIMG-0127.jpgIMG-0126.jpgIMG-0133.jpgIMG-0130.jpgIMG-0129.jpgIMG-0128.jpg

You are live in my dream ! there’s nothing more rewarding than getting out there learning and making it happen
Take care
It is the dream for sure! Where are you from? The new member (FNG) thread is like a rite of passage. My only advice is to stop waiting and just do it. If that includes moving, start saving now. I also in good faith as a Montanan invite you to move here haha. If you do live in this wonderful state, good luck, and get after it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back