MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

new guy from WI

beancounter

Didn't realize there was an intro thread, but here I am. I am WI whitetail hunter that recently got bit by the western big game hunting bug. Only been on one elk hunt in CO but I am hooked.

I have hunted for 20 years now mostly deer and small game. I would say in the past 5 years I have switched over to hunting public land here in WI. I love it but some of the public grounds around where I live and hunt have taken a beating since the dnr enacted cwd regulations. I also turkey hunt and that is in my opinion the highest quality public land hunt WI offers (that doesn't mean I am successful often...my hunting skills could use some work).

Anyway no western hunts for me this year but am in the process of accumulating points for CO and WY and should have a hunt planned for next year.

Welcome aboard. Way back in the late 80's when I was in college, it was such a thrill to see wild turkeys in WI, times sure have changed for the better (for turkeys anyway)

Welcome, You are right on about the Wis public land hunting . If a person can consistently fill deer and turkey tags on public around here, they are putting in a real effort . What part of the state are you at ? You will enjoy alot of good information here !

John

Back