Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

New Grandaughter

tarheel

Back in the 70's this neighbor girl who was the same age as my son spent a lot of time in our house because she had playmates in my children and it kept her out of her own troubled home. A precious child which I would have been proud to call my own, but her life at home was hell. We moved to NC when she was 11 and by 14 she was hanging with a bad crowd, experimenting with drugs and headed for major trouble so we had her folks send her to us for a summer, but when she went back to Denver she was back with the same crowd again.

At 16 she had been kicked out and was living on the street and called us from the hospital just before delivering a child. She was desperate for advice as to whether to keep the baby or give it up. All her family were trying to force her to give the child up, but no one cared enough about her to ask what she wanted to do. I told her to keep the child if that was her wish and everything would work out as it should. She went on to get married and raise a family and all the while keeping close communication with us. She basically adopted us as her parents, as our love for her was unconditional; something which was lacking from her people. She calls us Dad and Mom and means it.

Today she lives in Cheyenne, is 47, and just five weeks ago gave birth to this little bit of joy, so in spite of the fact that there's no blood connection, the baby has my surname as a middle name, and being so honored; I'm proud to call her my granddaughter.

Photos are from a phone and won't load. Oh well, maybe you liked the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back