Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New Gerber Knives

The DTS is still in stock on Gerber’s website - but now they charge shipping even when you use the promo code Randy. Hopefully a glitch? Was trying to buy another one for a buddy just now when I came across it. Must have just happened this month because shipping was included on the first one I bought. Again - don’t get me wrong - at $53 (with shipping included) this is a screaming good deal on this knife.
31CDC3C6-C5A6-4A09-8403-BED06FDA6E81.png

Both DTS and EBS on display at the Cabelas in Wichita. $59 and change, and the package is hanging on a locked display peg

Attachments

• F70B28FD-2962-463A-AB03-05878B497DAB.jpeg
    F70B28FD-2962-463A-AB03-05878B497DAB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Enthusiastic thumbs up from kansasson and myself. The EBS serrated blade unzipped the hide like butter, and both the standard length and backstrap blades were razor sharp, with easy safe blade exchanges made, (mostly so we could say we did it).

Hock removal at the joint was tricky for Aaron as this was his first opportunity to dismember a big game animal. Once again the serrated blade came to the rescue.

Nice system @Big Fin and Gerber

Any other left handers have a problem with the exchangeable blades keep coming off from the finger placement of the left hand and where the "button" is the take the blade off? or just me?

Nope, they won't. Completely different connection system between the two.
Thanks Randy. Ordered a set of normal vital blades and got the big game vital blades on accident and the company told me to keep them as a mea copa. Was going to pick up the EBS for next season since my lovely wife decided I was going to remodel our kitchen this hunting season. Maybe I'll pick up the BGV too as a spare for the truck...

Any other left handers have a problem with the exchangeable blades keep coming off from the finger placement of the left hand and where the "button" is the take the blade off? or just me?
I got my first chance to use it last week on a little buck and didn’t have any issues.
Cannot say enough about how much safer I felt swapping these blades compared to my old havalon.

I found both of the new knives to be great this season. I packed the replaceable blade on my long hikes and the light weight was wonderful. The fixed blade stayed on my hip most of the time and took care of everything from cooking at camp to caring for my buck. My only problem with either knife is that the replacement blades are dang hard to find.

Back