MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New from Oregon

pnwsculler

Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been hunting waterfowl in the Pacific Northwest for the past 15 years. Three years ago I bought a scull boat from an old timer who lived across the street from Humboldt Bay that he hunted brant out of. Since then I've been sculling with varying degrees of success on the coast, Klamath Lake and the Columbia. . I also hunt out of a 14 foot Jon boat and I've used canoes and kayaks. There's always more places to explore. I'm looking forward to hearing stories from other hunters on this forum and hopefully meeting some people to go hunting with.

Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been hunting waterfowl in the Pacific Northwest for the past 15 years. Three years ago I bought a scull boat from an old timer who lived across the street from Humboldt Bay that he hunted brant out of. Since then I've been sculling with varying degrees of success on the coast, Klamath Lake and the Columbia. . I also hunt out of a 14 foot Jon boat and I've used canoes and kayaks. There's always more places to explore. I'm looking forward to hearing stories from other hunters on this forum and hopefully meeting some people to go hunting with.
Greetings Jeff! I too am into hunting fowl, now located in Central OR, previously Olympic Peninsula, WA. I've got the boat and plenty of gear, this will be the first year hunting Oregon. I'm looking forward to meeting folks and exploring some waters as well.

Not too many people hunt with scull boats, that is awesome, it’s a lost art for sure. I love hunting brant, mainly use a kayak these days. Welcome aboard!

Greetings Jeff! I too am into hunting fowl, now located in Central OR, previously Olympic Peninsula, WA. I've got the boat and plenty of gear, this will be the first year hunting Oregon. I'm looking forward to meeting folks and exploring some waters as well.
Nice to meet you! I'd totally be up for getting together sometime to talk about duck hunting and places to go and would be especially interested in hearing about your adventures hunting near the OP. Did you hunt sea ducks?

Not too many people hunt with scull boats, that is awesome, it’s a lost art for sure. I love hunting brant, mainly use a kayak these days. Welcome aboard!
Hi there! The brant season in Oregon is only 2 weeks and the times I've gone out for them, it was too stormy. I'm going to keep trying. There's a spot where I always see them, but the timing has never been right.

Nice to meet you! I'd totally be up for getting together sometime to talk about duck hunting and places to go and would be especially interested in hearing about your adventures hunting near the OP. Did you hunt sea ducks?
I did hunt sea ducks, but only a few times in 6yrs. Mostly hunted straights of Juan De Fuca, the mouth of the Dungeness and surrounding areas. Teal, widgeon, gad, and mallards. If I ever had a choice I'd take the teal every time! Being so close to Canada when it rained ducks it poured! I'm not expecting the same success in Central OR. Willing to traveling south to or west to get on birds. Door knocking for access to agricultural fields will be happening very soon. Let's stay in contact

I prefer teal also, but not over mallards. Did the mallards taste fishy?
I’ve heard Wickiup and Crane Prairie have good hunting at times

I prefer teal also, but not over mallards. Did the mallards taste fishy?
I’ve heard Wickiup and Crane Prairie have good hunting at times
The mallards weren't necessarily fishy, we just didn't see a abundance of them. I'd definitely say the majority of the other ducks we took off the salt were quite fishy. I started smoking them into duck jerky.
Wikiup and Crane may hold some birds. Learning curve this year.

Welcome.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back