Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

New from Oregon

I had a very good hunt last weekend. Plan to go out again Sunday. Sounds like you're hunting season is off to an excellent start! Let us know how you do duck hunting
Great to hear it! Did you go south of Central OR?
We cut a 3 man limit of ducks today, and bagged a few bonus geese.
1st day out of the season total success!

Attachments

• IMG_20221022_132909545_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221022_132909545_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been hunting waterfowl in the Pacific Northwest for the past 15 years. Three years ago I bought a scull boat from an old timer who lived across the street from Humboldt Bay that he hunted brant out of. Since then I've been sculling with varying degrees of success on the coast, Klamath Lake and the Columbia. . I also hunt out of a 14 foot Jon boat and I've used canoes and kayaks. There's always more places to explore. I'm looking forward to hearing stories from other hunters on this forum and hopefully meeting some people to go hunting with.
Hi Jeff. l'm new to this forum too. ''Hunted'' 0regon in the Goose Lake area for ground squirrels. l'm a big fan of Nosler bullets made over in Bend. 0regon is at the top of my short list for states l'd like to revisit. l'm near Augusta Ga, home of the MASTERS. 0nly thing folks hunt around here are Golf Balls. l'm 100% Varmint hunter. Praire Dogs top my short list of game. All my guns start with a ''2'', as in 20TAC, 221FB, 222REM, 223REM, 22-250.

Hi everyone new member here. I'll be posting on the Introduction thread first time. Eager to learn about hunting. And if you have any information about hunting so please share with me. I'd love to talk to you here on the forum. Thanks, Hope you all have a good one.

Last edited:
I prefer teal also, but not over mallards. Did the mallards taste fishy?
I’ve heard Wickiup and Crane Prairie have good hunting at times
Jeff, how'd you fare this year? I took a couple limits early season, and I tried a few spots I thought would produce, but didn't.. seasons not over and I'm not giving up. Any interest in getting together in the next couple weeks?

Jeff, how'd you fare this year? I took a couple limits early season, and I tried a few spots I thought would produce, but didn't.. seasons not over and I'm not giving up. Any interest in getting together in the next couple weeks?
Hey there, yes that’s how it goes. my season was decent; had more good days than slow ones. I’m on the west side and there’s sheet-water everywhere and the ducks are pretty spread out. I’ve got work and family commitments the next few weekends so I think my season is pretty much over

Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been hunting waterfowl in the Pacific Northwest for the past 15 years. Three years ago I bought a scull boat from an old timer who lived across the street from Humboldt Bay that he hunted brant out of. Since then I've been sculling with varying degrees of success on the coast, Klamath Lake and the Columbia. . I also hunt out of a 14 foot Jon boat and I've used canoes and kayaks. There's always more places to explore. I'm looking forward to hearing stories from other hunters on this forum and hopefully meeting some people to go hunting with.
Hey there pnwsculler! I'll tell ya, when I graduate from OSU I plan on making a trip that way. I grew up waterfowl hunting, and if you're looking for someone to knock down some birds with I would love to see what the Pacific Flyway has to offer! Hunting the boundary in UT and WY of Pacific/Central flyway has its challenges, such as few areas with lots of ducks so tons of hunting pressure, or few ducks unless you know where to go. Spoiler alert, I haven't found that place in SW WY that has few hunters and good bird numbers. Looking forward to conversations with you here and good luck!
-Cason

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back