Yeti GOBOX Collection

New from New Mexico

SantaFe

Central New Mexico location, hopefully getting an Antelope tag this year. If not, will probably pay a private land owner to hunt, if I can afford the price. Formerly from Alaska where I lived from '74 on. Hunted and fished every year up there. Regs in New Mexico are quite a bit more strict and residents find it hard to get tags to hunt.

Quite different from when I was a student in 1972; brother called if I wanted to go deer hunting.

Bought a license and went hunting. Icy road from UNM and slow going. I drove half way and gave it up to my brother. Many vehicles that spun off and on the side of the road.

Made it to Dog Canyon after a nice dinner with Mom and Dad in Dexter.

Went hunting and shot my biggest buck; was pure luck.

Hunting New Mexico is fun.

Enjoy!

Welcome from Albuquerque. I hope you do well in the draw!

Welcome! Hunting NM and any western state will be much different than Alaska. More people competing for less resources.

Best of luck!

Welcome from White Rock! We're hoping for pronghorn (and elk, deer, javalina, oryx), too. From where you are, you have quick access to a lot of land to hunt - we stick to the north mountains, but you have great access to the Sangre de Christos (I'm lazy, I like to hunt local...sleep in my own bed if I can...).

Welcome! I think with time compliance with the regs will come easier. It is hard to draw a comparison between the two states as subsistence/right of resident to take is not legally conveyed here; it is poaching in NM. Antelope is a weekend deal and opportunity is great with private land hunts.

Welcome. We talked already in another thread but welcome. Love NM and have hunted there three times now. Hope to be back out there this year.

Welcome aboard! This website is a great resource for hunters. With you becoming a NM resident I wish you the best of luck getting a unit 36 elk tag!!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back