Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

New from New Mexico

Hello. New from NM myself. ABQ is where I live. Got elk in 2 and deer in 37 this year. Looking forward to both. Hopefully this is the year I take my first NM animal.

Central New Mexico location, hopefully getting an Antelope tag this year. If not, will probably pay a private land owner to hunt, if I can afford the price. Formerly from Alaska where I lived from '74 on. Hunted and fished every year up there. Regs in New Mexico are quite a bit more strict and residents find it hard to get tags to hunt.
What part of AK? I was born and raised just S of Fairbanks. Little town called Salcha. Raised on the Salcha river. Spent many years shooting moose both upriver and in the Tanana Flats. Salmon run in my backyard!

I have had consistent luck drawing the last 4 years. It's all random, but there are definitely some tricks to drawing! If you're good with muzzle or archery hunts, you can usually get into some high quality hunts

Hello. New from NM myself. ABQ is where I live. Got elk in 2 and deer in 37 this year. Looking forward to both. Hopefully this is the year I take my first NM animal.
Hell yeah! Are you in 2 early archery or later hunts? Resident elk abound and migration corridor later in the year. Get some, buddy!

Hell yeah! Are you in 2 early archery or later hunts? Resident elk abound and migration corridor later in the year. Get some, buddy!
2nd archery I believe. Sept 15-24. If it runs like 36 did last year, should be hot rut action. Looking forward to getting in the unit this upcoming weekend. Turkey hunting but gonna scout while I'm out.

2nd archery I believe. Sept 15-24. If it runs like 36 did last year, should be hot rut action. Looking forward to getting in the unit this upcoming weekend. Turkey hunting but gonna scout while I'm out.
North of 64 up in 2B along the reservation all the way to the state line looks real sexy to me. I put out game cams in 51 last year for a month to confirm or exclude areas of interest.

New member also.. I drew my first choice muzzle bull tag this year, super excited.
I think we all were hoping for an Antelope tag, but aint going to happen in NM anymore
unless your willing to pay landowner. Something needs to be done about this. It just is not right.

Central New Mexico location, hopefully getting an Antelope tag this year. If not, will probably pay a private land owner to hunt, if I can afford the price. Formerly from Alaska where I lived from '74 on. Hunted and fished every year up there. Regs in New Mexico are quite a bit more strict and residents find it hard to get tags to hunt.
Welcome!

North of 64 up in 2B along the reservation all the way to the state line looks real sexy to me. I put out game cams in 51 last year for a month to confirm or exclude areas of interest.
I drew 51 for elk as a nonresident during 2nd archery season this year. I’m super excited, especially after not getting drawn for general season MT Combo. I would be back in CO with OTC again if I hadn’t applied to NM this year. Been hunting MT and CO DIY public land last 8 yrs. Been researching unit 51 like crazy this past week. Any tips on 51 would certainly be appreciated.

I’m also considering an outfitter just to maximize the time and odds since I’m going solo. Plus, help getting an elk out with minimal meat loss is critical to me. I’m a little concerned about the warmer temps in NM during archery season.

I am looking at Kiowa hunting service as one option for a 2 day guided hunt, but am looking hard at the 7 day option as well. Any experience with this outfitter?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome from White Rock! We're hoping for pronghorn (and elk, deer, javalina, oryx), too. From where you are, you have quick access to a lot of land to hunt - we stick to the north mountains, but you have great access to the Sangre de Christos (I'm lazy, I like to hunt local...sleep in my own bed if I can...).
Ha, I'm in White Rock also. I usually find myself hunting in the south though.

Back