Yeti GOBOX Collection

New Eyes for this hunting season

Do it. It was way less painful than I expected, and the outcome is incredible. I'm not even at 100% recovery yet and I'm over the moon at how well I can see. Little things like being able to get in the truck and see the instrument cluster clearly without glasses... unbelievably encouraging. I seriously can't wait to get out and shoot and not need glasses to do it.

I went in for a consultation for Lasik earlier this year but they said that my corneas are too thin and I need to do PRK. Recovery is a bit longer but results are still supposed to just as good. Thinking about doing it in early December.

I had Lasik eye surgery in both eyes about 20 years ago and it was a great success. I do use cheaters for reading but my long range eye sight is outstanding. No problems shooting my bow or my rifles.

I'm having my eyes done in 3 hours! I can't wait either. Glad to hear it went well for you @thatsjet !!!

My wife had it done this spring and when she shot her bow, it shot 6" high and some to the left. Then her gun was 4" low and to the left. Make sure you resight in everything!

I had lasik about 3 years ago. I did mono (as were my contacts), one eye for reading, one for distance. No pain, the fear of the unknown is the worst part. I did have dry eyes for about 3 months. I also have a bit of a halo effect. Not the perfect outcome as many have, but still glad I did it.

I think I was that 5% that it didn’t go as good as it should. They had to put the cup thingy back on and do the right eye a second time in the middle of the procedure. It had me laid up the whole weekend and even the next week was rough. Could barely keep my eyes open while riding in a vehicle and looked stoned all week.
It took a year for my vision to get where it is now. It’s still technically 20/20 but things aren’t as crisp as when I had contacts more so in the right eye. And pretty much have chronic dry eyes especially when waking up. Feels almost like I had slept in my contacts. It’s nice not putting in and taking out contacts but I miss my contacts when hunting.

You will love it! NO fogged up glasses and having to remove them to be able to see better through the binoculars and spotting scope. No more putting contacts in. Keep refresh drops in your pocket, in your pickup, in hunting camp. Your eyes will take a long while to heal and it sure helps keeping them moist and they supposedly heal better. Take care of them!

You will love it! NO fogged up glasses and having to remove them to be able to see better through the binoculars and spotting scope.
I think this is key for me. Not having wet glasses in the rain, not having to worry about them falling off/getting broken. For me this is part of my preparedness plan. Being able to see the front sight on my XD without glasses means that I don't have to fumble for them in the middle of the night if the need arises.

I went in for a consultation for Lasik earlier this year but they said that my corneas are too thin and I need to do PRK. Recovery is a bit longer but results are still supposed to just as good. Thinking about doing it in early December.
Wait until you're done hunting for the year, I had PRK done at the end of October last year (right before leaving my last job) and it took a little while to recover and adjust. Bright lights and screens were a bit of an issue for close to a month, I still run everything in dark mode but no longer have the sensitivity.

I had it done 2 years ago. Absolute game changer. Out of curiosity, did you smell it when they hit your eye with the laser?

I spent some time shadowing an Opthalmologist as part of a pre-med program, and it was a horrific smell. I didn't seem as averse to it when I was having the procedure done, might have been the alprazolam.

This will be my first fall hunting post surgery and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Mono or not is what I can't decide. I like the thought of seeing up close without glasses. No way to do that and get good distance vision at my age. Anyone else get one near and one far sighted?

Also, for anyone considering, if offered Xanax just say "yes." The first 4 hours are the worst and getting home and to sleep is crucial. It wasn't enough for me so I added bourbon and Hydrocodone to get me past the first hurdle. When I woke up in the evening I was doing much better.

Don't judge me.

Wait until you're done hunting for the year, I had PRK done at the end of October last year (right before leaving my last job) and it took a little while to recover and adjust. Bright lights and screens were a bit of an issue for close to a month, I still run everything in dark mode but no longer have the sensitivity.

I spent some time shadowing an Opthalmologist as part of a pre-med program, and it was a horrific smell. I didn't seem as averse to it when I was having the procedure done, might have been the alprazolam.

This will be my first fall hunting post surgery and I'm looking forward to it very much.

Glad I'm not the only one. The guy doing the surgery says, "Don't worry, it's gonna smell like something's burning, but we're not burning your eye." Whatever drug they gave me was definitely taking effect, and I remember thinking, of course you're burning my eye, your shooting it with a (expletive) laser. Then I had to try not to laugh uncontrollably.

The only thing that was really unpleasant for me during the procedure was watching the screen in the lobby as the person in front of me got their procedure done. It was zoomed in right on their eye, and it was creepy.

Also, for anyone considering, if offered Xanax just say "yes." The first 4 hours are the worst and getting home and to sleep is crucial. It wasn't enough for me so I added bourbon and Hydrocodone to get me past the first hurdle. When I woke up in the evening I was doing much better.

Don't judge me.

Second that. The hour drive home was terrible. If I had to do it again, I'd have had my wife book a motel to go straight to.

I think this is key for me. Not having wet glasses in the rain, not having to worry about them falling off/getting broken. For me this is part of my preparedness plan. Being able to see the front sight on my XD without glasses means that I don't have to fumble for them in the middle of the night if the need arises.
The only bad part about no longer needing glasses is the amazing number of twigs that will want to poke you in the eye. Sunglasses are an eye-saver.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back