Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Bozeman Pack Maker

Good lookin' pack. Might have to check into one of them a little more.

This thread didn't get much attention. I think the MR Kool-Aid got it shut down!

It took me a while to find this thread again, because I couldn't remember the name of the new backpack company. Was talking about it with a friend from Bozeman while elk hunting this past weekend...he doesn't have one yet but said he likes the look and feel of them.

Anyone out there take a look at these yet or know anything about them/own one?

I talked to the owner Kurt before my sheep hunt to see if he had proto type or something I could take out. He would have but they were all out on loan at the time. He was supposed to be getting his first run of packs in by the end of September. He's a real nice guy and more than willing to answer any questions.
I'll either be taking one of these or some other MR pack with me to Alaska next time.

I recognize the photo of him with that giant twister Dall on the website. Was the cover of a hunting rag a few years ago.

I recognize the photo of him with that giant twister Dall on the website. Was the cover of a hunting rag a few years ago.

I think it was Eastmans' Sheep issue about 5 or 6 years ago. I remember it was a sweet story and a long haul out.

That ram is one of many hanging in his house, including a MT unlimited ram that is a jaw-dropper. He's a super great guy and is making really great ultra lightweight backpacks. My goat came out in three backpacks, a new lightweight Mystery Ranch pack and two Stone Glacier Solos that friends were using. I've tried one of Kurt's packs (the Solo) and think it's damn well made and will likely be among many serious backpack hunter's arsenal of high-end gear.

The second goat of the weekend came out in my Mystery Ranch pack, an eberlestock and a Kelty. Ugh - those poor bastards. :D

Looks kind of like my longbow setup, only significantly lighter. Pretty expensive though.

Looks kind of like my longbow setup, only significantly lighter. Pretty expensive though.

Lighter and more room in the bag for multiple night outings. I think the new MR pack they are prototyping is going to be in the same Cubic inch category as this one. I finally got to try one of these on (Stone Glacier) but have yet to pack with them. I really want one.

Might be selling my longbow if anyone is looking. Going to have to approve the purchase through Head quarters though so that might snag me up.

I got one this year and used it for antelope, deer, and elk. I really like the pack. It has a couple of great features for me. It has a load shelf built in kind of like MR but it is very light. I also like the hip belt. It's set up so you can put normal belt loop type things on it. Doesn't sound like much but for me it means I can put a holster, rangefinder, etc and move things around for different seasons. I'm waiting on the rifle sling.

I think the new MR pack they are prototyping is going to be in the same Cubic inch category as this one.

I am really interested in this one as well, but there seems to be no hurry to introduce it.

No doubt the Stone Glacier SOLO is the best pack I've used to date. I own the MR NICE Crewcab as well and can't say anything bad about it either. The main difference for me between the two is weight.

I switched over to the Stone Glacier in September and couldn't be happier with the pack. Picked it up at Kurt's house (saw his amazing trophy room). He's extremely knowledgable and a very humble person.

My last test was packing out a cow elk on Thanksgiving. The load was tight and rode extremely well the entire walk out. I look forward to MANY more packs out with this piece of equipment.

Attachments

• Packing Tom Wheeler's cow_EMAIL.jpg
    Packing Tom Wheeler's cow_EMAIL.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,531
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back