New bloke from New Zealand

Micko

G'day guys,

I stumbled across Randy on the MeatEater podcast and started listening to his, figured I might as well sign myself up for this forum. I live in the south of the South Island of New Zealand, AKA hunting mecca and I love chasing Red and Fallow Deer, Tahr, and Chamois. Oh, and pigs too. I am by no means an expert on NZ hunting but if any of you blokes have questions I will do my best to answer them for you. I am very jealous of you guys who get to hunt Wapiti (small free range heard here, but holy hell its a mission to hunt them, and they are all crossed with Reds too) and I wish we had Mule Deer here as well!

Cheers
Micko

Welcome, I know we have at least one other member from New Zealand, glad to have another. There are quite a few guys who have hunted there as well. I would love to hunt or just visit some time but would rather be beaten than to have kids on a plane that long. Welcome aboard.

welcome! You have any pictures of past hunts worth sharing? I always enjoy seeing game from NZ.

Cheers for the welcome guys! Baerman: had me laptop and external HD stolen out of me ute a few months ago and lost all of me good pics. I'm still very salty over the loss! Shoots-straight: I have been toying with that idea for a while now. the mining sector in NZ is as far down in the dumps as is possible. I need the price of gold to come right up, and smart fast too! Cheers again for the welcome guys.

welcome to the forum. anything we can answer for you we will on some of our hunting
had a kiwi from the south island in our elk and mule deer camp a cpl weeks ago
he had a good time covering a few miles and seeing some game
he got the chance to pull a trigger a cpl times :D

Hi Micko, good to have another kiwi join up. Excellent bunch of guys here. Message me if you want any general USA hunting info. I had the time of my life bow hunting there a couple of months ago.

Welcome Micko - my wife's a Kiwi, and we get back there once a year or so - anything you need, don't hesitate yo reach out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back