Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Big Game Hunter - CO

Longrj76

Good evening all. New big game hunter here. Moved to CO from Valpo IN 4 years ago and am finally getting into the mountains to pursue elk!

Was able to spend 7 days during archery and got to pursue a couple of bugling bulls, but never got to draw my bow. Looks like I’ll be scouting new areas next year due to this East Troublesome fire.

Looking forward to a 4th rifle hunt in a few weeks.

This forum seems like a great place to pick up information on elk, deer and antelope over the winter to prepare for next season!

I am also new here. Where are you going for 4th season? I have been doing 1st for years and picked up a 28/37 tag for 4th after 1st was a bust. I have not hunted elk in these units, only grouse, but I am excited. It will be my daughters first big game hunt too. I was invited to go hunt unit 18 at my buddy's place, but it is not there anymore thanks to the fire.

I have a cow tag for gmu 6, but I’m thinking of turning it in due to the areas I e-scouted being burned by the Mullen fire.

Too bad about your buddies place, that fire was insane. I hunted 18 for the entire archery. All but one of the hunts I was on have been burned.

I was also thinking of picking up a 28/37 tag, but thought 28 is still closed due to Williams Fork fire.
I am also considering 12/24, that is where I accompanied my son for 1st rifle.

4th season Unit 37 was a bust. First spot I didn't see any sign, second spot had some older sign but at least there was some. I heard they had moved out on opening day, and the fires had really messed everything up.

There is a story of 15 elk taken in one bowl by a bunch of hunters in unit 181. It was crazy luck where they were surrounded and it was a shooting gallery. My buddy said one camp had 9 hanging!

I am also new here. Where are you going for 4th season? I have been doing 1st for years and picked up a 28/37 tag for 4th after 1st was a bust. I have not hunted elk in these units, only grouse, but I am excited. It will be my daughters first big game hunt too. I was invited to go hunt unit 18 at my buddy's place, but it is not there anymore thanks to the fire.
Sorry to hear about ur buddies place fire was very devastating . We've hunted 28 quite a bit if have any questions PM me will help if can .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back