tenn8 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 282
  • tenn8 001.jpg
    tenn8 001.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 282
  • tenn8 003.jpg
    tenn8 003.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 288
Thanks.....I actually shot this deer in 2005 in Jackson Co. Tenn, with my Bow my taxidermist is a good friend so we take our time with my stuff and I help out where I can, so it saves me some serious dollars at the end of the day!

1pointer- No this isn't the river buck, I haven't been up there in awhile my last experience was a bad one, the river system is very braided with allot of upland islands that offer great hunting opportunities, but they also offer great out-of-the-way places for the locals to grow their cash crops! one of my favorite areas was damn near clear-cut by hand with stalks everywhere! ...out of no-where appears this rather "deliverence" looking fellow that haden't worn shoes since birth and had all 5 of his teeth, lying in the bottom of his jon boat was a cruedly sawed-off shotgun and kept asking "what you doin in here" .....I said look man im just huntin and I dont want any trouble......and I am leaving....he just stared me down as I paddled off..........that was the last time i was in there. Although after the conversation with the FGC officer, they had other reports of suspicious activities in the area and were looking into it! so hopefully they are long gone, I wanted to go back this past Dec. but didn't make it! .....next year :D

DKO- Bummer on the river spot getting spoilt. An encounter like that would make a guy pucker, for sure. If you ever want back up, I'm usually pretty free in December! :D Seriously. A hunt like that for whitetails sounds like it would hoot!! Besides, my orthodontist made sure I have a purty mouth... ;)

Thanks Guys!

1 pointer, it is a very enjoyable hunt as long as you stay dry:) I usually go Late Dec.-first couple days of Jan., which is during the rut in this particular area, this area is the south end of the Bama Black Blet region and produces on average some of the states better bucks (fertile soils). also typically cooler and not so buggy!!

It is a state WMA area so all you will need is a non-res hunting license and WMA stamp, I hunt archery but you can do either if you wanted to also treestand or groundblind either or canoe/kayak is a must IMHO. foot access is feasible if you don't mind wading (potholes and blow-downs are a bitch though).

I can share more details later, I have a good friend that I hunt with up there and we are kicking around a turkey/scouting hunt up the river!

That sounds like a fun hunt!! I usually have nothing going on that time of the year, so I'll definitely keep that in mind. Does archery also include crossbows? I inherited one from my father that's still not blooded and I've always wanted to shoot something with it. Good luck on the turkey hunt and remember to stay out of the 'cash crops'...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back