Nevada Turbo Goat Tag

Diaz

Hi all,

I was one of the lucky ones to draw goat tag within unit 10 in Nevada. I've been out scouting the area a few weekends now...located a few bucks, however not what I think I should take with a tag I waited 6 yrs to draw. Has anyone hunted this area and is willing to share some advise? Appreciate it!

I have hunted it for deer, but that probably is not going to help you. There are some other NV guys around here and many are archers, so hopefully they have some experience with the unit.

Welcome aboard. Good luck on that hunt.

Thanks for the post Big Fin. I've hunted this area for Deer as well and I will say that it holds some monster mule deer bucks!

That's a nice goat on that picture you have there....where did you bag that one?

Randy,

thanks for the effort you put forth to provide us with a valuable programming. Its great to have a show that embodies the majority and not the minority. Although many of us DIY hunters can afford to pay for a guided hunt, those hunts do not provide me the satisfaction of the ones that "I did on my own".

Thanks for the post Big Fin. I've hunted this area for Deer as well and I will say that it holds some monster mule deer bucks!

That's a nice goat on that picture you have there....where did you bag that one?

The avatar pic is a NM buck.

Here is a buck from your home stomping grounds in the lovely Silver State. Will be back in the same unit in three weeks, helping a friend who drew his first antelope tag.

IMG_1773.JPG

Thanks for the nice comments on the show. Glad you like it and hope we continue to produce a high quality product that people find relevant and compelling

Good luck on that goat tag.

We filmed an archery deer hunt in that unit for Season One, and if someone shot the biggest buck we glassed during the hunt, they would have one really big smile on their face upon walking up to him. I hope he is still walking around out there.

WOW! Simply....WOW!

This is my second antelope tag. Last year was the first and I'm hooked!

I've got a few more weeks ahead of me before the season opens and I am confident I'll locate a couple to make a run at. I know a few ranchers in that area that I'm friendly with....won't let me hunt their ground, but that ok. They're nice people and helpful when it comes to pointing one in the right direction.

Looks like NVLongbow beat me to the punch - he'll provide some awesome info and we'll probably be in sync as far as locations and whatnot. You'll definitely have opportunities to nail a nice speed goat...:D

Thanks Elk Hunter!

NVLongbow was kind enough to share a few spots and I'm headed out there this weekend. I know there are some good goats there, just need to find them off the private property and in an area where I can get to them without upsetting any of the ranchers......

Well...the season opened....no goat opening day as I spent most of my day playing desert search and rescue. What are the odds of coming across two Europeans (on vacation) stranded in the middle of no-where? I'm telling you these folks, following their navigation system, took a wrong turn (big time) and end up digging-in their rented Town Car (yes a Lincoln) on the Pony Express Trail. When I found these two (in their 60s) they looked like they had been rolled in flour....three hours in the heat and fine Nevada desert dust will do that to a person..:) No water or food...rough shape these two were in. Four hour ordeal to pull them out.

That said, I found another group stranded with three flat tires....who gets three?! Anyway got those folks taken care of and there went the opener and part of the second day. Nevertheless I went out this weekend and shot at a solid 15" goat...."swing and a miss" (quoting Randy) shot over his back. Amazing what happens to Antelope once they have been shot at.....Turbo Charge! And Gone!
It happens. I ended up with the second best buck I found. Not a huge buck, but I'm very happy with him. I had some help from a couple friends which made the hunt a great success. This was a great season!

Now off to Utah for a smoke pole Muley hunt!

Thanks for the advise guys!

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back