Caribou Gear Tarp

Nevada results are up!!

Antcap

I just got one of the hardest to draw deer tags in Nevada 194-196. Needless to say we have one happy hunter over here. Oh ya, I also got a muzzleloader bull elk tag in 072-074. Both hunts are during the rut. WOW!! Hope everone one else has some luck out there. Good luck guys :)

Thanks worm!! This will be my first hunt with my muzzleloader and I can't think of a better one. I helped my brother in law with his first bull last October in area 6 and now it's my turn. The thought of bulls in the rut is just exciting. Any advice on using a muzzleloader or hunting bulls in this area would be great!! I live in Reno so I know the deer area pretty good, but not my elk area. Hopefully you had some luck in the draw!!

Ant I had 073 archery last year and know someone who had 073 muzzleloader and another who had 074 archery last year. Can give you some places to not go for sure as last year was very bad compared to the year before. The rut never really happened in 073 as there was very minimal elk in the area. However we did see 5 bulls and 2 were very nice with one being a very nice 7x7. My buddy drew the 072-074 Late Rifle this year so we will be hunting up there as well. Maybe we can share some notes.

I believe I just need to get up there and see what I'm dealing with. My buddy had a bull tag in area 6 last year and when the snow fell on opening day, the hunt was doomed from the get go. All of the elk went onto private property and it was very frustrating. I know that 072 is a wilderness area and I believe it will be a lot different. I'm just nervous since it's my first time hunting with a muzzleloader and I've never been there. Any help that I can give you and likewise will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Congratulations Antcap. I too have been blessed!. After 11 years of applying I drew the coveted Unit 231 Mule deer tag and also the Unit 061 Muzzleloader Bull Elk tag. Living in Alaska I will really have to do my homework and refine my logistics. I have been following lucky mikes posts for awhile and am pumped up. I am 62 years young so this will probably be a one and only draw. Gonna put out a good effort.

Antcap, I'm not to familiar with 072, 074 yet. Over the last couple of years we've been very fortunate to draw deer and elk tags in big six and 061,071. I drew a seven archery deer tag this year so I might have a few spotted by the end of August. My wife is the lucky one. She drew a 061,071 rifle bull last year with two points. This year she drew 101 antelope longer than ears, 061,071E rifle cow elk and 061E rifle deer. Her new 300RCM will get plenty of use this year!!

Worm, you are having some great luck in the draw. Good luck this year, sounds like you will be having a great hunting season.

Congrats on the tags guys! Wow Worm, you're going to have a busy fall. You won't be able to move come spring after all that meat in your belly :) Thanks a lot Dainer for the info. I'm getting more and more excited as the days go by. I really appreciate any starting points that I can get.

Antcap that is a great tag to draw for the deer!. Ak Iceman you drew a great elk area. I had a cow tag in there last year and saw a lot of good bulls. You should have a great hunt. I had a pretty good draw too, antelope, archery deer, and another cow tag.

I can't believe in just a little over two weeks I'll be chasing some big nasty bugling bulls. Wow how the time has flown by. Hope all of your early hunts are going as planned. Good luck guys and thanks for all of the help. I can't say enough good things about this site.

Antcap

How did the elk hunt go? Will be out you way soon for mulies, I PM'd you my contact info

The elk hunt didn't turn out as planned but the deer hunting is amazing!! It's very hard to stay off of the trigger when you're seeing soo many bucks. I haven't seen grand pappy yet, but I'm going to be hitting it hard the next two days. Hopefully I'll have some great pictures of a Mt. Rose bruiser!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back